My next PC Build

Vertago

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
3,157
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
MB: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard (I am not too sure about the mobo, if anyone has another suggestion go for it)
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Case: LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black ATX Mid Tower
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB (I currently have one this but I was thinking of getting another to crossfire)
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX
(Currently own)
HD:
Not needed, I plan to use my current 150GB Raptor

So pretty much all that I am buying is the CPU, Mobo, RAM, Case, and maybe another Video Card. Without adding another Video Card I am currently at $550 based on Newegg Prices or $750 w/ another 6870. I have a total budget of maybe $800 plus or minus a bit.
Comments/Questions pls
 
sounds good.

I had a GD55, same PCB as the 65. Pretty nice board. A few quirks with the UEFI, but i'm sure they've fixed them by now.
 
Nice build man, those sandybridge's are worth it, they blow away amd imo.

I have corsair psu, pro series and its magnificent. Dont know much about MSI's board, but i have an Asus deluxe, its a great board, lots of tools and features.

Awesome deal on that ram by the way! What a bargain.

:)
 
I just ordered mine and went with the asrock z68 extreme4, same proc same ram. I will be getting my 6950 or possible 6970 by the end of the month. I'm psyched. In other news anyone want to buy a Core 2 Quad Q9550?
 
I just ordered mine and went with the asrock z68 extreme4, same proc same ram. I will be getting my 6950 or possible 6970 by the end of the month. I'm psyched. In other news anyone want to buy a Core 2 Quad Q9550?

Lol i currently have the same processor
 
i was thinking ahead of u. either u sold ur 6870 and put the money towards a 6950 or wait to get another 6950... plus nothing wrong with the case u have picked.

I'd get the 6950.The 6870 crossfire performs way better but you can't tri or quad crossfire with the 68xx series which is what it would take to equal the performance of a 6950 crossfire.A 6950 crossfire does use a lot of power but the added cost is well worth it for the added performance of a crossire 6950 setup.You can buy 1 now and then buy the other later.Also you can tri or quad crossfire with the 69xx series,which will create an unstopable monster.But very expensive. plus as well when u crossfire it makes a lot more heat. But if you want an immediate performance increase right now, then going crossfire 6870 would save you money and be a huge performance increase and last you quite a while.
 
Last edited:
Looks awesome, mang. I for one am loving my PC-K62. Also, unless you're planning on serious Eyefinity CF6870s will be plenty enough horsepower. Just know about the heat and noise issues with Crossfire. Even with a space between them my top 6850 was idling at 50C at 50% fan speed with that XFX cooler. Of course, if noise isn't a problem for you go for it!
 
ya i dont really care about the noise. TBH i cant sleep without hearing the fans of my comp:blushing:
 
The Sandy Bridge CPU's rock! Just built a machine with the i-5 2500K and it dominates. Certainly the best bang for the buck imo, especially when you compare the performance to the AMD equivalent.

Your specs look great!
 
Thinking about it now....I will probably wait till at least till the end of August until I start buying parts. Hopefully the prices will drop by then..
 
Back
Top