Returned my 470 AGAIN!

Nuke

Active Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2008
Messages
332
This time around i complained enough to Asus to receive a ATI 6950 over my Asus 470.

They lied to me initially and usually they don't do this but, looks like i get it shipped out monday.

Also looks like they finally found my Nvidia 470 defective even though Last august they did NOT find it defective.

I will never buy Asus again they have the worst customer support i ever had to deal with. THe complaint department actually is the one that initialized the switch of brands and upgrade.

Hopefully this fixes my artifacts and "Nvidia display driver has stopped responding and has recovered issues" this is why i haven't been gaming.
 
Sorry to hear that, i have also had a Asus laptop wich we had to send back 3 or 4 times but never got fixed! I had it until we had a burglary and they took the laptop. :P
 
hmm thats kinda sad they used to be a very good company...i have bought a few of their motherboards never had an issue, although EVGA is very good to deal with video card wise i had one fry on me, called em, got american tech support based out of California he asked me what he problem was i told him he gave me a number i shipped it they sent me a brand new one a model up from the one i owned
 
Does Evga make motherboards? If the new video card doesn't fix the problem i'm looking to buy a MSI GD-65 and a AMD 1100T 6 core for a small upgrade for about 350 bucks. I have unfortunately have built all Asus builds and this would be about 6 out of 10 problems i have had with the company. I am never going to recommend or buy Asus ever again. I need to find a new favorite.
 
Does Evga make motherboards? If the new video card doesn't fix the problem i'm looking to buy a MSI GD-65 and a AMD 1100T 6 core for a small upgrade for about 350 bucks. I have unfortunately have built all Asus builds and this would be about 6 out of 10 problems i have had with the company. I am never going to recommend or buy Asus ever again. I need to find a new favorite.

EVGA does make motherboards. I have their P55 FTW board and I've had no problems with it. They have great customer support and awesome warranties.
 
EVGA does make motherboards. I have their P55 FTW board and I've had no problems with it. They have great customer support and awesome warranties.

Lifelong warranties for most of their products, if I remember right. Actually had to send a video card back two years old for a replacement, and another one that was 4 years old.
 
I've always like MSI for graphic cards; them and their fancy PCB's and coolers. :)
 
I only use ASUS because they make the only half decent 1156 mATX board.

Otherwise i try to avoid them
 

Latest posts

Back
Top