Free tf2 vs Premium accounts.

HeadShot

EGO Zealot
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
1,685
Gentlemen, some of you may be really happy. Some of you may be angry. I am a little upset that they made it free. Now I know that there are several threads that are discussing the update right now, but the purpose of this thread is to highlight the key differences between "Free accounts" and "Premium accounts"

Free accounts

A free copy of the game. FOREVER!! No catch.

Backpack: 50 slots

Items: Standard

Crafting: Limited Blueprints

Trading: Receive items only

Gifting: can receive gifts
Now dont go out there with your head held down if you bought the game

Premium accounts get:

Backpack: 300 slots

Items: Standard, rare, and cosmetic.

Crafting: all blueprints

Trading: full trading

Gifting: Can give and receive gifts.

***Special Hat as a thanks for supporting.

source: http://www.teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php
 
Last edited:
Thanks so much for posting this. I was curious as to whether there were any differences or not.
 
Yeah, but to get a premium account all you have to do is purchase an item from the store. So they are basically getting a premium account that we paid 20$ for for the price of a 1-2$ item.
 
Vid of the hat:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewYpSKnO9xw[/ame]

I like it. Its a Brodie helmet, aka dough-boy helmet. Looks like I got a new default hat.
 
idk if that hat is rly worth the money and time weve spend on the game but meh.
 
idk if that hat is rly worth the money and time weve spend on the game but meh.
You paid money to play the game for four years before anyone else and you got to use that time to rack up all valuable items and such. Heh, it's okay.
 
i understand you guys are angry but they want to get more people playing the game rather than it start dieing out.
This is a good thing and great for the community as we may have more members to recruit.
I never bought the game as i didn't think it was worth the money as i wouldn't play it that much.
At least having a free version means if i choose to jump on with some friends I'm not left out anymore.
Its a Well done from Me TF2
 
i understand you guys are angry but they want to get more people playing the game rather than it start dieing out.
This is a good thing and great for the community as we may have more members to recruit.
I never bought the game as i didn't think it was worth the money as i wouldn't play it that much.
At least having a free version means if i choose to jump on with some friends I'm not left out anymore.
Its a Well done from Me TF2
Yea, its great if you didnt have it! Thats a plus for some..

For others it means more griefing..

and for the final lot they aren't to happy about it.
 
Yeah, but to get a premium account all you have to do is purchase an item from the store. So they are basically getting a premium account that we paid 20$ for for the price of a 1-2$ item.

If you already have money in your steam wallet. Otherwise it's $5.
 
If you already have money in your steam wallet. Otherwise it's $5.

They've changed the steam wallet so you can buy just the right amount to pay for the item in your basket now.

With regards to Valve's promise to crack-down more on people exploiting F2P TF2, I say it's a lot to live up to. I have my reservations, but in the long-run I can see this being a positive move, a boost for TF2 and that'll carry on through to eGO.
 
Seriously everybody complaining about TF2 becoming free to play are just a bunch of hipsters.

For those that are complaining about the lost of "value" go to the link below.
http://www.teamfortress.com/history.php

That is 217 FREE updates. Now I brought the game just shortly after it's release stand alone for 30$ and I have loved every moment. 1776.3 hrs . That is how long I have spent on this game. So what if they get premium accounts for 5$ instead of my 30$, I got to play the game for nearly 3 and a half years earlier.

An increase in hackers? Valve stated that they would be working on new ways to counter this problem (http://teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php) and really I don't think that it'll be as bad as people think, just another thing to whine about. Hackers being a problem? Isn't that why we play on nice, administrated servers? This whole thing is being overblown. I remember the day when halos were given out to "Non-DrunkenFoolIdlers". I swore up and down that that was the day Valve killed TF2. Life moved on. When Valve released random item drops I thought the whole aspect of the game would shutdown and nobody would play the actual game. Then it turned out not everybody is that concerned with how many items they have. Just give the update a chance and have some trust in a game you have been playing for years.

TL;DR Read the post or you're not qualified to debate on this issue.
 
You guys are missing the point. Grievers and the like just got a free ticket BACK to our servers. Of the XXXX amount of people that are permanently banned for hacking, grieving, advertising, poaching, whatever, they all get infinite tickets to return. I don't mind- I'll ban them again and again and again- but it is a silly move on Valve's part.

Yes, I realize that Valve has some fancy way of trying to track these people, but until I see it work I don't believe it, and thus assume the worst (not to mention it'd only track VAC bans, not our bans).
 

Latest posts

Back
Top