ATI Driver

Vertago

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
3,157
I wasn't sure what to put as my title. but I'll just explain my problem.

Recently I just upgraded my GPU setup and added another Radeon 6870 HD to my existing one, so now I have 2x6870s in a Crossfire setup. Also I did a clean install of Win7 64 Pro, so that it could run at it fastest and nothing would bog it down. My other Comp specs are: Intel Core2Quad [email protected], 4GBs (2x2GBs) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Corsair, 750 Corsair PSU. And I am running Catalyst 11.6

Now the specific problem that I having is that whenever I load into a server in Bad Company 2 or the map changes, it take up to 30-40 seconds for the map to load and during the load my computer stutters. Compared to when I was running a 4870 it took 5-10secs. Though when i get in-game my FPS is fine and averages 60-90 fps w/High Graphic settings. So does anyone else have this problem w/their Radeon Card or BC2?:confused1: I am guessing it is a driver issue or something and have yet to try older versions of catalyst.
 
Last edited:
That really sounds like a hard drive load issue. Sometimes fresh installs of windows with games are heavily fragmented. I had this issue with Arma 2 on my new machine and it resolved itself after an overnight defrag.

I am running 11.6 with 2x 6950's and am not having this problem.
 
Hi,

Try going back down to one GPU and see if the problem occurs. I've heard instances where some folks had issues of slowness and lag when using Crossfire. Additionally, as Sn1PeR has mentioned, try doing a defrag on your computer to get everything nice and neat in your HD. It also doesn't hurt to ensure all the cables are tightly secure and plugged in.
 
That really sounds like a hard drive load issue. Sometimes fresh installs of windows with games are heavily fragmented. I had this issue with Arma 2 on my new machine and it resolved itself after an overnight defrag.

I am running 11.6 with 2x 6950's and am not having this problem.

Nope not the issue. Defragged and ya nothing...

Hi,

Try going back down to one GPU and see if the problem occurs. I've heard instances where some folks had issues of slowness and lag when using Crossfire. Additionally, as Sn1PeR has mentioned, try doing a defrag on your computer to get everything nice and neat in your HD. It also doesn't hurt to ensure all the cables are tightly secure and plugged in.

Also not the issue, For crossfire I have to play the game in fullscreen, so I tried playing it in windowed mode where it will only use one GPU and lide times are still 30 sec+
 
i remember having the same issue and what I did was re-install the game and Overclock my CPU and GPU to the point where a little bit more and it was unstable. seemed to work for me, could be something else for your though.
 
ok ya i am an idiot....I disabled crossfire in CCC and it fixed the load times...but how do i fix it with crossfire enabled?:confused1:
 
Yay! See, turning off Crossfire did the trick!!!

As to how to fix it, you can see if there is some settings in CCC that you can tweak with Crossfire enabled. I've never done Crossfire since I'm an Nvidia person (SLI ALL THE WAY!!!)

You can try to ensure everything is up to date driver-wise. Also check to see if there is a BIOS update that includes anything related to the PCI Express slots or possible video card adjustments. If they don't, don't upgrade it. Also, if you haven't flashed the BIOS before or are worried/scared about doing it, then don't do it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top