AMD Llano.

Mr.Game

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 2, 2011
Messages
695
Looking to see if anyone here has any experience with the new AMD Llano series.

It would be nice to see benchmarks with and without a dedicated graphics card
(preferably the 6670 to test the Hybrid Xfire).


Right now it's looking like my Micro-ATX build will include an AMD A8-3850 with a
HD 6670. But I wanted to make sure if it is worth it first.
 
Last edited:
I didn't really expect mind-blowing CPU performance out of Llano though. What is impressive is it's essentially an integrated graphics solution that doesn't suck. For the mobile platform, that's a big deal.
 
But would it seem viable for a budget Micro-ATX build?

Or should I wait for Bulldozer to come out and hope for the Phenom II prices to
drop and build from that?

Why not opt for a i3 2100 and get a good GPU? That'd be a lot better for the price than a lot of other solutions.

But if those options are what you're wanting to do, the best thing would be to wait for Bulldozer.
 
Llano is a killer HTPC setup with a quad core CPU and decent GPU integrated into a 100w package Llano's ace in the hole is it's efficiency (CPU+GPU = 100watts as opposed to most other quad core CPU's which use 95-125watts by themselves.) That being said, it will not be mind-blowingly good, especially on the CPU end. Llano is nothing more than a tweaked Phenom II core. However, in terms of overall performance, especially in light-gaming scenarios, a Quad core Llano will be a good bit faster than an i3 2100.
 
Sorry about the long response time.
I wasn't notified if I got any responses at all... (weird)

Why not opt for a i3 2100 and get a good GPU? That'd be a lot better for the price than a lot of other solutions.

But if those options are what you're wanting to do, the best thing would be to wait for Bulldozer.
After looking into it more and more...
I am going to wait to see what Bulldozer has to offer and how the market will change.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top