Rig progress, updated for bf3!

RustyPwns!

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
1,097
So my financial aid money for school came in and I just upgraded my rig for bf3. Check it!

Spring 2010

AMD Phenom X4 @3.2
4gig's ddr3 @1066
XFX 5770
Seagate Barracuda 500gig @7200rpm 32mb
Tempest EVO Case

24098_116760285006254_100000168492453_301477_1327987_n.jpg



Winter 2010

Added: eVGA GTX 460 SE x2, 8 gigs Corsair xm3's (12gigs total)

166469_192042120811403_100000168492453_835594_128378_n.jpg


Spring 2011

Added: Corsair 600t case, 1 500gig barracuda (2 total)

268382_254281847920763_100000168492453_1274253_6408391_n.jpg


263671_236070166408598_100000168492453_1220806_1921709_n.jpg


Today!

Added AMD Phenom II x6 1100t, corsair tx850v2 psu, V6 gt heatsink

301611_288415934507354_100000168492453_1426537_1097479517_n.jpg


I made my rig a year ago so I can upgrade it and look to where it got to :D I'm soo ready for bf3!!
 
Last edited:
Can't tell whats going on....too much to take in! >_> Also at that point, that isn't a rig anymore. Its a machine :)
 
Hexa??? why hexa? just wondering

BF3 is actually optimized for 8 cores. So those 6 cores will actually play a big role in next gen games. Also, it's the latest and easiest upgrade for my AM3 slot mobo. Went from x4 955 to x6 1100t
 
if you were to go to bulldozer i would of got a new mobo with am3+. but i can c where u r coming from
 
How's the V6 gt?

I'm running my 1100T at 27c idle. That's pretty amazing for air cooling. Only thing is that the fans are pretty loud. You can adjust it in the bios though I just haven't gotten to it yet. The v6 is probably the best air cooler on the market for sure.
 
did you get a new cpu for the current mobo that you have? if so then ok..._other words the "6-core" POS isnt worth it) i had one when it came out with 3 6970's...then came along the sandy bridge :drool: got that at the same time that the mobo recall was going on so i grabbed the 1st one with the b3 revision which was a msi p67-gd65 with 2 6970's and it raped the 1100t in everything(1100t was at 4.2ghz), and thats with 1 less gfx card...sold the one bc the mobo didnt have 3 pci-e slots...and you can say that the mobo that a had with the 1100t was crap bc it was a asus crosshair IV extreme... anyway you will be happy going from the x4 940 to the 1100t
 
did you get a new cpu for the current mobo that you have? if so then ok..._other words the "6-core" POS isnt worth it) i had one when it came out with 3 6970's...then came along the sandy bridge :drool: got that at the same time that the mobo recall was going on so i grabbed the 1st one with the b3 revision which was a msi p67-gd65 with 2 6970's and it raped the 1100t in everything(1100t was at 4.2ghz), and thats with 1 less gfx card...sold the one bc the mobo didnt have 3 pci-e slots...and you can say that the mobo that a had with the 1100t was crap bc it was a asus crosshair IV extreme... anyway you will be happy going from the x4 940 to the 1100t

Sure.
 
1. What board is that? NF750-G55?, or 890FXA-GD65? cant really tell

2. 1100T was kinda a strange move, not gonna try to fluff it up.
 
I'm running my 1100T at 27c idle. That's pretty amazing for air cooling. Only thing is that the fans are pretty loud. You can adjust it in the bios though I just haven't gotten to it yet. The v6 is probably the best air cooler on the market for sure.

Sweet, new case in a few weeks and I was planning on the v6 as well. Hopefully it will do as well with a bulldozer underneath it!
 
I'm running my 1100T at 27c idle. That's pretty amazing for air cooling. Only thing is that the fans are pretty loud. You can adjust it in the bios though I just haven't gotten to it yet. The v6 is probably the best air cooler on the market for sure.

It is a decent cooler, but definitely not the best on the market. And idle temp means almost nothing.

Upgrade wise, I think waiting for bulldozer/ivy or even going with sandy would have been a much bigger upgrade then going from an x4 to x6. And while it would have cost more, spending your case money here would have been a wiser decision. While I do like the 600t corsair and its ease of use, cooling performance is lacking in it where the evo surely wins (though I know it is loud as hell). 12 gigs ram seems overkill, but hopefully it is at least 1333 now. Also, any reason you did not just add a second 5770?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top