Friendly Fire DoD:S Server

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sumac
  • Start date Start date
+1 from me. It would be a challenge for sure. Gotta get a good plugin tho, cause it would be hell for admins to admin. That is my only concern. We get asshats in our reg servers trying to grief and without it, it would be a grieving pit. Other than that I say go for it!
 
I laud your enthusiasm and wish you every success.

We are all working for the same goal. We just have differing points of view and differing levels of drive at different times. Next week I may say screw DoD:S and join Minecraft. Highly unlikely, but levels enthusiasm constantly fluctuate. We as a division just need to light enough fires so that someone else can take the torch when we as individuals are exhausted. We have admins fighting for these and other changes all the time, it's just done where no one can see it. I think public discussion is good to a point, and will aid in creating more momentum and help convince council changes are needed.
 
When looking for an FF server, I look to see FF is in the site address, I understand Quaffer's suggestion and it is based on solid ground, but I may very well pass over a server that is only running FF part time as my play time may never coincide with the servers part time FF.

Running the server as FF full time will allow others to see and share word or mouth that we are indeed running a 24/7 FF server.
 
I think thats a great idea and it wouldn't hurt to try it. I think Anzo would be best.
 
I agree with Sumac...I love the idea of having a FF server. I used to play on other FF servers before joining eGO. They were always a lot of fun. The only concern I've heard so far has been whether or not it would be easy to admin. But I think it would be okay especially since most of us that are interested in having the FF server are eGOs. So most likely there would be admins on for most of the time. I also agree with OORAH!!, Anzio would be a great map to try it on. I think we should just get it going, it wouldn't hurt the Anzio server at all, if anything it would get more people excited about playing on that map.
 
Well you asked for input so here it is. Im not a fan. an FF eGO server would be fodder for haters coming in and freekilling and jump out of the server before theres time to forgive/slay. This isnt a huge issue but it would require alot more work for admins to keep track of the baddies.

also, i love just spamming nades with the rest of the pubs and honestly i would probably have 10 tks before the end of the round.

with that said I dont see why we couldnt do a trial run for a while and see how that goes. but, in the end, the only solution i can see is to add a second, and maybe even a third, Avalanche server :thumbup:
 
Well you asked for input so here it is. Im not a fan. an FF eGO server would be fodder for haters coming in and freekilling and jump out of the server before theres time to forgive/slay. This isnt a huge issue but it would require alot more work for admins to keep track of the baddies.

also, i love just spamming nades with the rest of the pubs and honestly i would probably have 10 tks before the end of the round.

with that said I dont see why we couldnt do a trial run for a while and see how that goes. but, in the end, the only solution i can see is to add a second, and maybe even a third, Avalanche server :thumbup:

Maybe it is because I don't play on other server much, but I see very little eGO 'hate' on our servers. The players that stay seem to enjoy our admin style/environment. Don't you think any initial 'rabble' would go back to whatever server they were terrorizing prior to eGO? We tend to keep a tighter reign on our servers in the language and racism department than others. Do you think controlling FF would be that much worse? If an admin is not on, an admin is not on and someone being racist in general chat is just as disruptive as a team killer. Less so if there is a mod controlling it, such as 20minute ban if you TK 5 in 10 minutes or something of the sort.

Also, we have great pubbers, they help police our servers as much as we do. What would be different about this server?

Also, for those of us too used to running through team nades as an advantage, there are all out other servers.

The main goal with this is to bring in new players. Most of us may not play on the server, some will, but what about the draw to others who have never experienced eGO?
 
Not a bad concept...But I would say that many players are accustomed to and prefer non-FF simply because of the effect on stats and overall gaming experience.. Having said this, however, I would prefer an FF server using the same maps we enjoy now as not to totally change the gamelplay too fast too soon.
 
We arn't talking about changing all of the servers to FF, just one failing server. I don't think it would be even a remotely good idea to change any of our successful servers to FF. Anyone that currently plays on eGO servers would see no change in the servers they enjoy.
 
i for see a lot of issues with this and more fun play style people watching there shots, or stormy with his MG42 killing everyone. but i might try DOD:s again if we had that.. new modes are always fun
 
Sorry everyone, this all stemmed from Sumac wanting to be able to kill poor 'ol Skippy whenever his heart so desires, not just when he's on the other team.

They have Donner on spiral knights???:O

ha ha ha but seriously.. maybe it is just me but there seems to be a little mis-conception??

From what I understand we are not talking about a full switch to all FF servers, none of our currently active ones are to be touched - it is just an idea for a dead server to maybe breathe a bit of life back into it.

Lets be honest - what are the alternatives?? At some stage leadership will turn around and see two dead slots - anzio and flash and possibly decide to give them to another division.. do we really want that?

WHy not run with this idea and see where it takes us.. as Sumac said - if even 10 people join a FF anzio a day that is an improvement!! And yes I will admit that there is a possibility it may not work - is that worse than what is currently happening in these servers?? Cant be, they are empty!!

The only one that is a very small minor difficulty is admin - lets be honest and blunt.. if you don't want to admin a FF server either don't play or hand back your G or O and play as an e!! Nothing wrong with that at all.. I would rather have some muppet nade spamming spawn than some of the verbal vomit I have seen..

Lets all have a little positivity and instead of fretting over any perceived negative come up with a solution.. we can all make it work
 
Just fyi if this FF server did take place there would be a mod to handle team killers, Most likely you as admin, wouldn't have to admin anything with team killings

yeah - about what i thought, how to or how to not admin is not really part of the discussion in my opinion
 
Flash probably, and to appease everyone lets do what we always do, run a trial program. give it a minimum of a month (time it takes to populate regulars into server) and see the results.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top