Choices

IDigitalDeadI

EGO Addict
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
1,316
Without knowing my setup because its not for me, its for a friend, which would you get at the moment:

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103809

PNY RVCGGTX4601XXB GeForce GTX 460
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133394

As you can see they're both the same price, which would you get? Also my friend's budget doesn't move from there, unless lower, but I don't know why you would do that.

As far as I know my friend has a decent dual core processor but I don't know the specs. Also if I remember correctly he has a 7800 or something lol. I you need to know its not good. Who am I kidding, his computer is bad lmao. Well anyways, theres the task at hand, off to it :)

btw before I forget, yes his motherboard can support the processor and yes he a powersupply capable for the video card.
 
Last edited:
Getting a new GPU would be useless if the CPU isn't good enough, he'd get a bottleneck.
Still, a new CPU wouldn't help if the GPU haven't got enough power.
 
full specs?
Don't know his full specs, thats pretty much all I know.

Getting a new GPU would be useless if the CPU isn't good enough, he'd get a bottleneck.
Still, a new CPU wouldn't help if the GPU haven't got enough power.

Thats pretty much the dilemma. I've pretty much been trying to figure out what would be best in his situation :facewall:. Whatever he picks I might as well get the opposite, since I am in need of a new cpu/gpu as well. :)
 
Giving advice without knowing the full specs is really inappropriate. Be best to get that full specs so we can give you a valid recommendation based on fact, and not guesswork.
 
Giving advice without knowing the full specs is really inappropriate. Be best to get that full specs so we can give you a valid recommendation based on fact, and not guesswork.

Well all I can give is based on my best guess, unless you would like to wait. My friend is currently out of town at the moment and won't be back until next week friday, and I don't believe he knows his specs by memory.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top