Phenom II X6 Thuban BE or Core I5?

if u get the 2500K very easy overclocker, with marginal performance gains over the 950
 
What everyone above said.

There is no reason to get a socket 1366 CPU unless you've already got a motherboard. Otherwise, the 2500K is the better performer and is cheaper.
 
Thanks for the input guys. Gotta start building rig ASAP. If I get that processor can you recommend a good ASUS board for it.

Also I need you opinion on this as well. If once I get the new board CPU and memory should I:

A) Get a new videocard entirely like an ATI Radeon HD 5000 series or

B) Keep my current Nvidia GTX 260 and just get another identical card and SLI them together?
 
If you're modernizing your system, you want a DX11 card, so another GTX 260 isn't going to cut it. What's your budget on all of this stuff (CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU)?
 
any particular reason it has to be asus? Is that all that your retailer sells or something?
 
If you're modernizing your system, you want a DX11 card, so another GTX 260 isn't going to cut it. What's your budget on all of this stuff (CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU)?

Less than a grand. I already have the case and I think my power supply can handle the new parts without an issue.

CPU no more than 250
Motherboard negotiable around 200
RAM around 100-150
GPU around 200-250.


I am choosing Asus reflex because after going through Gigabyte and MSI I have enjoyed my recent Asus board the best.
 
Im not sure who the best brands for ATI graphics cards are... Is it best to go with just the ATI brand itself or is Sapphire good?
 
Less than a grand. I already have the case and I think my power supply can handle the new parts without an issue.

CPU no more than 250
Motherboard negotiable around 200
RAM around 100-150
GPU around 200-250.


I am choosing Asus reflex because after going through Gigabyte and MSI I have enjoyed my recent Asus board the best.

CPU: Intel i5 2500K: $219.99
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Motherboard: $194.99
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600mhz (low profile): $54.99
GPU: XFX HD 6950 2GB video card: $279.99


I did a couple of switches from what you asked for.


First, RAM is cheap... really cheap. I got you 8GB of memory for $55. You don't need anything more than that.

Therefore, I bumped up your budget for the video card a little so you could get a good AMD HD 6950 2GB card. Trust me, that's a much better card for just a little bit more money (and it's XFX, so if you register it, you get a lifetime warranty.)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top