Suggest a new video card?

SigmaMX

EGO Zealot
=(e)=
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
1,947
Heya fellas


Im looking to renew my video card, im at Nvidia GT 240 at the moment...

My gear is great but with the new releases I believe my card is having trouble performing at max specs with BF3 and Skyrim, at www.canyourunit.com im told that my video card does not suppor pixel shader 5.0 or something (im at 4.1)

Care to suggest one?

My specs:

Gigabyte 1156 model P55-UD3P.
core i5 2.7x4
6GB ram
Win7 Ultimate
nvidia gt 240 1gb (dedicated 3.7 atm)

Ive always worked with AMD but this new gear had Intel and I gotta admit I really like it, therefore I guess ill stay with it.

Since im in mexico I need your suggestions in order to...order it online or something :D HA!

My budget is around uhm... 200-300 bucks TOP (I have rent and food to pay, damn it!)

Thanks in advance

Sigma
 
My card is a gtx 470 and its been running every game that's come out this year (BF3 and Skyrim in particular) pretty flawlessly at maybe not maxed out graphics but pretty darn close. I think you can get one off Neweeg for 200 something dollars.
 
Unfortunately, that is old tech that runs hotter and more power hungry than the 500 series. The GTX 560 Ti would be another choice, but I would prefer the 2GB of the 6950. Depending on what res you play though, it may not be that important. However, with new games requiring more and more vram, if you play at 1080p, it would not be a bad thing to have. They do make a 2gb version of the 560 ti, though it would probably be harder to find and is most likely more expensive than the 6950 2gb. Depending on where you can purchase from though, either of those would be great choices.
 
Thanks! but i checked it and its kinda far more expensive here, $400+ (freaking 3rd world :D)

Any other sugg?

Well in that case, check the 560 ti, 6870, or 6850. Those are in order of performance from high to low.

Edit:

So you can check prices of both nvidia and amd, comparable performance would be

560 Ti or 6950
560 or 6870
460 or 6850
 
Last edited:
Notice that you said the 6950 2gb is $400 for you, when it's $250-$300 USD for us. What's your currency?

Our picks are going to be flawed because of the currency exchange rates, and you not buying from US websites (newegg.com, tigerdirect.com, etc)
 
Notice that you said the 6950 2gb is $400 for you, when it's $250-$300 USD for us. What's your currency?

Our picks are going to be flawed because of the currency exchange rates, and you not buying from US websites (newegg.com, tigerdirect.com, etc)

Mexican Pesos (MXP). The situation is that even though I can buy it from here and pay for the delivery, the importing taxes and all of that will increase the cost to the price I can pay in a general store.

I'm going for the nvidia 560, here it costs no more thatn 250 bucks, pretty affordable.

Thank you all for your time and support.

Cheers
 

Latest posts

Back
Top