Steam Games keep crashing.

B00MB00MBenji

Active Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
261
Hello.

I have recently been seing all these crashes happen, and I have no clue what to do. ( I am a noob at PC, since I Just joined about 2 days ago, and came from a Xbox 360 Backround)

I took the pics with my phone, and uploaded them to Photo Bucket

0d76b10f.jpg



40724e58.jpg
 
Do these errors occur at random, or is there any pattern as to when they occur?

-Blue
 
The error happens when a referenced procedure calls to a memory location for data, and the data it receives is not what it expected. This most frequently happens when you have a memory leak, or a poorly written software program. Other factors are drive latency, pagefile, and device drivers.

So here's a list for you go through one at a time:

- Run a RAM test (http://www.memtest86.com/, I recommend an offline test, not one running from Windows)
- Ensure all system device drivers are up to date
- Run a repair or Uninstall/Reinstall the game(s) or Software Platform (steam/steam apps)
- Check your disk drive for fragmentation, run disk defrag if necessary ** DO NOT RUN DEFRAG IF YOU ARE USING A SOLID STATE DRIVE!!!! **
- Scan for Malware/Viruses/Spyware (reference my sticky post for Malware Removal if you need help)
- Run a System File Check (sfc /scannow from elevated privilege command prompt) ** This may require your OS disk to complete successfully **
 
- Ensure all system device drivers are up to date
- Run a repair or Uninstall/Reinstall the game(s) or Software Platform (steam/steam apps)
- Check your disk drive for fragmentation, run disk defrag if necessary ** DO NOT RUN DEFRAG IF YOU ARE USING A SOLID STATE DRIVE!!!! **
- Scan for Malware/Viruses/Spyware (reference my sticky post for Malware Removal if you need help)


I have done the following. Still not working. I will run a Defragmation test. See if it will help.
 
TF2 does have a crashing problem due to memory. If this is happening in all steam games, I don't know what would be causing it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top