BF3 Crashes, unknown cause

ThundrRok

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
2,262
The problem you are having: BF3 Freezes and a window pops up saying "BF3 has stopped responding .... Looking for a solution" "No solution etc. close game"

Recent changes to your computer: No physical changes
What you have tried:

1. Installed most up to date video Driver
2. "Repaired" BF3
3. uninstalled and re-installed BF3
4. Installed Microsoft essentials, No viruses

Any extra info that might be useful:

My cards sit around 80-90 C, but the game has crashed when they were at 50.

Your computer specs :

Dual 4GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon? HD 6990

Intel? Core? i7 960 Quad Core Processor (3.2GHz, 8MB Cache)

12GB DDR3 1333MHz (3x 4GB) Triple Channel Memory

1.5TB - SATA 3Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 32MB Cache HDD



Any help would be amazing,

Thanks!

-Thundr
 
Don't take this as me making you sound "stupid" or anything, but are you trying to join B2K servers without the expansion on your account? My brother's friend had crashing problems without a real explanation until he realized the servers he was joining needed B2K to connect.

Also, does this happen in Singleplayer as well?
 
Don't take this as me making you sound "stupid" or anything, but are you trying to join B2K servers without the expansion on your account? My brother's friend had crashing problems without a real explanation until he realized the servers he was joining needed B2K to connect.

Also, does this happen in Singleplayer as well?

I own and play B2K, I crash in both vanilla, and B2K. As for single player, I haven't had the issue/may not have played that long enough with it.
 
Post the crash logs :D

Where are those?

Crashing.jpg
 
Last edited:
What other programs do you have running at the same time? I had this problem a while back, and it was fixed when I stopped leaving things running in the backround. I also hadx to upgrade my graphics card drivers. Have you done that?
 
It's a common error, just hard to find the solution as not many people know how to lol
 
Obligatory battlefield fixes:

Having a reasonable size on the pagefile (though you might not need it, given your amount of RAM)
Updating punkbuster via this link.
Uninstalling graphics drivers, reboot into safe mode and run DriverSweeper to clear out the remaining files, then do a reinstall of the latest driver aswell as the latest CAP.
Latest driver is often found on CatalystCreators Twitter profile.

I've seen the "Make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512 MB." before. Doing a clean gfx driver install fixed it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top