New graphics card

Muffs

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Aug 11, 2010
Messages
3,061
Ok so I have a gtx 460, and I'm looking to upgrade to a new card. I have around 250$ USD to spend on it. Is it worth upgrading if I have a gtx 460, I mean it runs most games on high even bf3 and I can do ultra but it's around 30 fps. Would I really see much of a difference in games such as stalker and bf3?

Here are some of my specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W ATX12V v2.01 SLI Ready Power Supply


PNY RVCGGTX4601XXB GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
 
I would play the waiting game for right now. Nvidia should be releasing its next lineup in the near future.
 
Yeah, but I don't really have a need for a 500$ card. But I guess it would drop the prices of other cards.
 
Your best bet is sli. GTX 460s scale well. There is a deal I have been linking to on amazon for a superclocked one via evga (fav company for gpus).

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperClocked-miniHDMI-Graphics-01G-P3-1363-KR/dp/B006KZGGNY/[/ame]

Best deal I have seen at the moment.

Though prices will hopefully drop once the new cards are released.
 
I did have sli 460's on my old board but one died.. And my new board has two spots but it doesn't look like it will fit another 460
 

Latest posts

Back
Top