- Joined
- Sep 15, 2009
- Messages
- 1,316
Ok guys, I made a thread previously about going AMD or Intel for my Immediate upgrade. Well I sided with Intel and I was planning on buying parts fairly soon. I just happened upon some good deals that I normally wouldn't find (since I don't look too often). I'm pretty much good to go, I just have one more issue. When I was browsing microcenter online (where these deals are coming from), I noticed that they do not sell P67 boards in my area, which is what I was going to originally get. However I found a similar Z68 board made by gigabyte as well, and its selling cheaper:
GA-Z68AP-D3 from MC
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0375352
GA-P67X-UD3-B3 from Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128488&Tpk=GA-P67X-UD3-B3
I was wondering is there any vast differences between them except for the north bridge? Would it be beneficial to grab the deal from microcenter instead of waiting and going with Newegg?
Note: I also figured in the price of an i5 2500k as well. I can possibly get one, if I go with microcenter, just need to wait on some money to clear via paypal.
GA-Z68AP-D3 from MC
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0375352
GA-P67X-UD3-B3 from Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128488&Tpk=GA-P67X-UD3-B3
I was wondering is there any vast differences between them except for the north bridge? Would it be beneficial to grab the deal from microcenter instead of waiting and going with Newegg?
Note: I also figured in the price of an i5 2500k as well. I can possibly get one, if I go with microcenter, just need to wait on some money to clear via paypal.

















