Keyboard Issues

Fraurrix

Thread Junky
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
897
Starting today, I've been having some weird keyboard issues.

First off, when I use the Enter key on Google, it seems to think it's a spacebar. This doesn't happen anywhere else, only Google. Secondly, my computer decided to stop recognizing my keyboard on 2 of the 5 USB ports on the back of my computer, yet they still recognize my mouse.

What's going on here? None of this adds up.
 
Before you troubleshoot this further, I'd suggest you plug a different usb keyboard in and see if you get the same results. I want to make sure your keyboard isn't playing a role in one out of two issues you're having.
 
Well since usb ports on your computer case generally use drivers (At least my last two did) you could try to reinstall those or install them if you have not.
 
Report back with what you did to fix the google issue and did you try a different usb keyboard yet?
When cleaning my keyboard I accidentally put one of those squishy things that hold up the keys in the wrong spot. I corrected it.

I don't have access to another USB keyboard.
 
Well since usb ports on your computer case generally use drivers (At least my last two did) you could try to reinstall those or install them if you have not.
How do I uninstall them for specific USB ports?
 
The way my current one works is one driver for all 5. Try reinstalling it new or updating

If you need help finding drivers post your case model
 
How do I uninstall them for specific USB ports?

USB controller / hub drivers are usually packaged with the chipset driver for your motherboard. You will need to get the manufacturer model number off of your motherboard and visit the manufacturer website and download the chipset driver for your motherboard. It is possible those USB ports are bad so if you have any other USB devices around like a flash drive, test those ports to see if they work after you've attempted to install the chipset driver. Report back with your findings please. :)
 
Maybe I have an odd case or mixed up the information horribly xD but what sicko said makes more sense.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top