Rest in peace Twinkies

Wize

EGO Is My Life!
=(eGO)=
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
4,020
So it's official, Hostess has gone bankrupt and is closing all plants, no more Twinkies, Ho-Ho's, or Ding Dong's. :-(

twinkies.jpg


R.I.P
 
Hostess is looking to sell itself in chunks. If someone who buys a chunk of Hostess decides, they can continue to produce twinkies.

They are not dead yet.
 
Yeah, the owner of Pabst Blue Ribbon is looking at buying at least a chunk of Hostess, so there's that.

Past that I pray they get rid of the CEO and rest of the Hostess management... Reading up on it a bit yielded some really disturbing actions on their part that they seem to be claiming was all due to the strike. Fun stuff like giving said CEO a 300% pay raise this year while getting ready to declare bankruptcy.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/20...ont-shoulder-the-blame-for-hostesss-downfall/
 
The only real reason why it's closing down is because the workers noticed they were going to get pay cuts and cuts to insurance benefits, BIG CUTS.
 
im not really worried about it...i wouldn't be surprised if little debbie just bought half their company up being there competitor they could just make those brands their brands
 
Hostess is looking to sell itself in chunks. If someone who buys a chunk of Hostess decides, they can continue to produce twinkies.

They are not dead yet.


:cursing: What?? :confused1: I love me some twinkies. I dont eat them often but they have always been there to give be a little joy in life, Anyone watch Zombieland??
 
im not really worried about it...i wouldn't be surprised if little debbie just bought half their company up being there competitor they could just make those brands their brands

That's where my junk food loyalty lies normally, Little Debbie. Darn tasty brownies, swiss rolls, and those dang Nutty Bars...
 
Anyone knows if Trix from General mills, are still on the market?
 
Anyone knows if Trix from General mills, are still on the market?

Far as I'm aware of yes. I don't regularly buy brand name cereal, but I'm pretty darn certain it's still on store shelves. A quick googling shows that it's being sold on Amazon and at Target, so it's safe to bet it's still being sold.

/edit

I can actually verify this now as I happened to be at my local Fred Meyers and recalled that question. Least 3 places on the shelves had Trix.
 
Last edited:

129000940107169852.jpg


And yes, same goes for me Xavier. They don't sell twinkies in The Netherlands ( I even think Europe hasn't got them ).
Anyway, I might create lots of hostility towards me but those Twinkies look horrible. It looks like foam that's in my deskchair, with whipcream in it.. Had to say it, sorry guys.
 
Last edited:
My friends and I hit up 3 Grocery stores, 2 drug stores, 2 Walmarts, and a Target looking for Twinkies. We found six Twinkies all together. Also for those who don't know: Drake's brand products are going down too, they are also owned by Interstate Brands. So no more Ring Dings or Devil Dogs or Yodels.
 
My friends and I hit up 3 Grocery stores, 2 drug stores, 2 Walmarts, and a Target looking for Twinkies. We found six Twinkies all together. Also for those who don't know: Drake's brand products are going down too, they are also owned by Interstate Brands. So no more Ring Dings or Devil Dogs or Yodels.

Good! Say NO to obesity!

Remove ALL the junk.
 
I really doubt its gonna go away. Someone will buy the place or when the time comes by the rights to the twinke and other snack cakes trust me.
 
I tried finding some today and found nothing :(
 
Back
Top