How do you deal with me and my mini doom bringer?

The_Polish_Pyronaut

Forum Fiend
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
631
I'm always aiming to improve my skill as an engineer and to continue to do so I would like some feedback from those of you who play against me and my mini. What are the obvious and things that I do you always rely on to kill me?

To get stronger one has to know ones own weakness so I would like to hear what my weakness is so I can turn it into a strength.

Also for those who will say my 500+ ping is a weakness that will eventually correct itself when I get back to the states.
 
I don't think I've actually ever played with you, to be honest. I usually eat Mini-Sentry engies for breakfast, but considering your GameME position, you might be a tougher cookie to chew.
 
If you want to improve Polish, just play lobbies. www.tf2lobby.com

I mean, You can ask for pub advice until you are blue in the face, but it won't help as much as lobbies would.
 
True but I currently don't have the time for lobbies not the connection for them over here. So best I can do is improve myself withing the division community and see if anyone has spotted some common trends that I do that I should work on fixing to get better as an engie.

Plus I heard that the lobby community tends to frown on battle engie's and that their are some restrictions placed on them.
 
I think he's asking us since we play with him more. The only times I actually get you are when we're both strafing around things. Sometimes, I feel like you get in a predictable dodging rhythm, but honestly.. how often do I actually kill you.
 
I usually go for you when your distracted by another player or running away. If you got a mini, and you don't know im there. I will kill defiantly go for you first before I go for the mini. (Since you can set one down in 2 seconds.)
 
I think he's asking us since we play with him more. The only times I actually get you are when we're both strafing around things. Sometimes, I feel like you get in a predictable dodging rhythm, but honestly.. how often do I actually kill you.

Hmm your right I really don't have much of a strafing rhythm, tends to be the bane of me when going against a demoman at mid to close range dancing with my pistol and shotty.
 
Hmm your right I really don't have much of a strafing rhythm, tends to be the bane of me when going against a demoman at mid to close range dancing with my pistol and shotty.

Best thing to do is develop 3 strafing patterns. I did this in CoD and Halo and was a invite player because of it.

1) Short, Long, Short, Short
2) Long, Long, Short, Long
3) Half step, Half step, Short


After you get it in your head to do that or something similar, be aware of it. Apply it when you are facing the same enemy and ask yourself, "Does he know my strafe?". Typically after one fight with you, someone will passively learn it. All you gotta do is switch to a different one and keep doing so.
 
Play sniper, you'll learn to strafe like a boss.

Crouch jumps, weapon switches, ducking and dipping, crazy left-right movements.
 
Think scout would be better as sniper strafing is the origins of my current strafing and is limited to a short area where scouts when u against another scout strafe and jump all over the place.
 
Think scout would be better as sniper strafing is the origins of my current strafing and is limited to a short area where scouts when u against another scout strafe and jump all over the place.

Most of the scouts misdirection has to do with his ability to double jump. Scout strafing doesn't carry over as well.
 
I learned strafing by playing against Snake, Hollow and G_Taco. It was required, or you would die really quickly.
 
Backpack_Loch-n-Load.png
 
I've actually killed you a couple more times than you've killed me. A bit surprising. I guess you were having a bad day or two. :P

For me it's usually just been learning about the players. If I see you going Engy at Foundry I can pretty much already tell where you mini would be on the map. After that it's either a matter of getting a jump on your or out gun you as whatever class I am. I can't really say there's anything special I'm doing. More or less I concentrate on what I'm doing and how to move myself to kill everyone else.
 
I just walk around minis, it's not that hard...

I must say, I don't play with you that often, but neither of us kills each other very much when I do. Since I walk around the sentries (not actually that hard, you just have to be map-aware), I end up walking around you.
 
If I saw you or your mini, I would USUALLY be a soldier. If I was a soldier and I saw the mini, my reaction would to pull back and fire from a distance or from a spot where it shoot me. However if I'm the spearhead of the assault, I would charge in and shoot rockets at it. Quite easy. However, if you're nearby, my first reaction would to hone in on ya. Unless I have low health, I would just run away. But that's me. I wouldn't use strafing tactics against certain players and classes. I wouldn't use strafing tactics against players who know how to aim, hitscan weapons, and a sentry. I would use strafing tactics against players who have no idea how to aim, demomen (don't get too close), soldiers (try to maintain a distance from them where you can strafe safely), and snipers.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top