Poll time! How do you hear about events?

How do you hear about events?

  • eGO Site Calendar

    Points: 20 47.6%
  • Steam Announcements

    Points: 32 76.2%
  • By the word of our dabes mouths

    Points: 16 38.1%
  • From EC's spamming you to death

    Points: 21 50.0%
  • Global admin chat

    Points: 15 35.7%
  • Upcoming post

    Points: 13 31.0%

  • Total voters
    42

VP :3

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
4,834
We want to know how you guys hear about events before they happen. Do you hear about them by carrier pigeon? The mail man? By good ol' fashioned camel delivery?
 
1. I check the event calendar to see if there's an event on any given day

2. Messages from ECs

3. eGO Steam notification
 
Steam group is always the most reliable, alot of new folks miss the events because theyre all the way at the bottom of the forums page (tried suggesting a fix for this on dropbox, got shot down)
 
I wait near my computer til around the time events are suppose to happen to hope there is one so I can interact with huma....other players
 
I check that handy dandy EC calendar that totally doesn't exist
 
By steam announcements, an eGO member giving me a head's up about the event, or an EC spamming me ^^ but I don't mind.
 
To be honest, I could always just assume that there would be an event every night at 8, and be just fine. Otherwise it might be at 10 (late night fight). That's what I've always done in the past.
 
Wait, does it count that I usually notice the steam announcement half-way through said event?!
Or that my calendar is actually my fridge telling me there is always an event at 8?
 
steam announcments mainly... I don't pay attention to events cause I'm usually at school or work nowadays and can't come :(
 
From the ban contest forums. No, really. So EC starts spamming, so I cake them. Then they contest the ban "unban pls, must run events, kthnxbye"
 
Most events I see the steam announcement and go if Im interested.
 
From the ban contest forums. No, really. So EC starts spamming, so I cake them. Then they contest the ban "unban pls, must run events, kthnxbye"

I'm going to test this now.
 
I just know they often happen around 6 pm PST, so I check out the Event server on my server list.
 
Back
Top