Servers?

Which would you rather see as a server?

  • Anzio

    Points: 21 25.0%
  • Strand

    Points: 8 9.5%
  • Rotation

    Points: 55 65.5%

  • Total voters
    84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lungbuster

Procaffeinator
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
3,370
important_announcement.png


After recent feedback, as well as some feedback that has been thrown at us since this question was first asked, we have decided to get your opinion. It is no secret that a few of our servers are struggling, and have been for a good while. What we are wanting to know from you all, is what would you like to see happen?

As it stands, here are your options. We can either keep Anzio or Strand (not both), or get rid of them both and try our luck with a rotation server. If the rotation server option were to win, we would have to figure out what maps, time limits, and options there are for picking the next map before we move forward with it. Right now, the idea of a rotation server is hypothetical and is being weighed solely on your responses and opinions.

In the end we are cutting our servers down to 4, the choice is up to you all in which way we decide to go.


Please keep all comments and opinions on topic, sarcasm free, professional, and within the rules of eGO. We do not mind criticism and actually encourage it, but there is such a thing as too much. Any posts that we feel do not follow the guidelines given will be removed.​
 
Last edited:
Keep Anzio! From what I heard, a rotation server never worked, and Strand really doesn't have a chance now. Plus, Anzio has been doing OK lately.
 
I joined because of the 24/7 Anzio. I would really hate to see it go.
 
Anzio! Seems all the regular strand players we used to have all left for other games. We don't have a following for that server the way we do for Anzio.
 
Anzio is the most practical for the division in my opinion and enjoyed by both members and pubs.
 
I think a rotation server would be worth a try. It may work, if we have enough dedicated members to help keep it going rather than leaving if an undesired map is on.

With a rotation server, we wouldn't necessarily be losing Strand or Anzio. I'd assume that those would be a part of the rotation, so we'd still get to play them a lot. Just my opinion.

Also, if the rotation vote doesn't win, I'd definitely say keep Anzio. It is after all higher up in the server rankings over Strand. With this being said, I'd still like to see a rotation server.
 
Last edited:
I vote anzio, have a much more personal connection to the server and the map. It is an absolute blast when its full, which still happens fairly easily with a little bit of work. Often, the server only dies when we all leave for an event or to go fill up another server.
 
Keep Anzio! From what I heard, a rotation server never worked, and Strand really doesn't have a chance now. Plus, Anzio has been doing OK lately.

Anzio only is doing better because all of us get it started. as soon as we all leave, it dies. Dont get me wrong, i like anzio. I also have heard that a rotation server never worked, but no one can remember how long ago that was. I'm sure that some remember, but it would have been years ago. I think a rotation server with stock maps on it could be a lot of fun for a lot of people. And a breath of fresh air. (FYI, anzio would be one of the choices, or should be...)

I am going to vote for rotation and see how it plays out
 
... And a breath of fresh air. (FYI, anzio would be one of the choices, or should be...)

I have to say that a rotation server would be interesting to see. I also agree if a rotation server wins both of the maps it's replacing should be choices.

I'd like to see one with the ability for pubbers to vote on the next map rather than just a random rotation.

I'm not saying we have to go full alltalk, or Orange map with an announcer for headshots and the like. Just a vote system, which would also help us track popular maps based on what is picked.

I'd say 20-30 minutes a map would be a decent time frame for most maps; maybe a bit longer to keep things going, but not long enough for the map to grow stale.

Just my two cents.
 
There are two strand servers that are doing well. There is a German strand server and there is a Omaha beach American server (omaha beach is a very similar map to strand), those two servers are doing okay. There is no need to have a strand server and nobody is showing up especially when they have two other servers to play on.

Anzio is the main reason why I play on ego. I do not like other maps. Ego is the only server that has an anzio only server, nobody else has an anzio server. I would really hate to see it go. I know anzio is not a popular map but there were days when one can play for 4 or 5 hours straight on anzio before the server emptying out.

There are very popular rotation servers including a few that are populated pretty-often. What does ego gain with having a rotation-only server? The people who already like rotation-maps go to play on those servers, I doubt they will come to ego servers.

It makes more sense to have an anzio server than a rotation server, because, as stated, ego will offer a unique server that nobody else can offer, and a server that does occasionally have a game on it.
 
You guys know i'm not that active anymore due to real life issues getting to me like Senior year and all that jazz but I'm still gonna throw my two cents in here.

You've always said "Map rotation doesn't work". Well, we're a new generation. Hell, we're 2-3 new generations of people in gamer terms. Things have changed, why not try and see if it works with these new people in our midst.

Personally, I loved Anzio to death and I'd hate to see it go so why not add it to the list? Strand on rotation would empty out as soon as it got there (Judging by poll count right now, I think its safe to call that an accurate statement) and a hell of a lot of us love Anzio so why not kill two birds with one stone.
 
What happens if the rotation server fails? thats my only question...Personally I used to play Strand everyday but it sucks trying to get started we groan and complain every time...Anzio we can jump in and get people joining every time without a groan or complaint...and if its only 2 people we goof around and still have fun...So in my opinion although I love Strand on a full server, Strand should go. I don't mind a rotation server with anzio as an option but what happens if the rotation server fails? Set it back to 24/7 Anzio or does the server get dropped...If the server would get dropped I would leave it as 24/7 Anzio which does have a small following.
 
Personally I used to play Strand everyday but it sucks trying to get started we groan and complain every time...
You can still play strand! There are strand servers out there to play on.

I think part of the problem is that people who are looking to play Strand ignore eGO server and immediately go to the other strand server(s). So if you are trying to get people to join they are in the other servers playing.

See with anzio, there are no anzio servers anywhere else, eGO is the only one.

What happens if the rotation server fails?

Maybe it is better to turn strand into a rotation server and leave anzio as it is for now? If the rotation server becomes as successful as kalt or donner, then anzio can just be included into the rotation and dropped from the list. So that if the rotation server never becomes successful there is still the anzio server avaliable, as people said, does have a small following.
 
If a rotation server fails, the server will not be getting dropped. Whatever our fourth server turns in to, it will be the server that we have to work on regardless. We will keep four servers, even if the rotation server does not take off.
 
rotation = Anzio, flash, Colmar 20 to 30 mins each FTW. I fear that strand would kill the rotation server.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top