TF2 noob on deck

shifty

Active Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
259
Howdy everyone. So, I've never played TF or TF2, nor do I know...well anything at all about it. So I thought I'd see if I can get someone to hop in TS with me and answer a few basic questions. I was thinking about buying it, but I want to know a bit more before I spend any money. Give me a shout on steam or on the forums. Thanks!
 
I have great news for you. TF2 is free. Forever.

:D

I am sure you can hope into almost any room in our TF2 channel and get answers. (You may need to speak loudly and interrupt someone if you hop in one of the big noisy channels, haha.)
 
What they all said. :)

I've been playing it since before it was free so if you have any questions after you check it out a little, I'm here as well. I'm always happy to help.
 
A couple things before you join the party.

1. Play either Heavy, Medic, or Engi to start off, they're pretty easy to learn the basics of, and are a huge help to your team. Since you're from DoD, Sniper might also be a good choice.

1.a) As a heavy, when you unlock the Sandvich, you can right click to throw it, which acts as a healthpack for anyone to use.
1.b) As a medic, heal everyone. Don't just heal one person. Make sure everyone around you is full health.
1.c) As an engi, upgrade everything. A sentry will destroy everything it sees, dispenser is a huge help to the team, and teleporters get your team to the fight quicker.

2. In the menu, click Advanced Options and turn on anything you like, but make sure you turn on "Play a hitsound when you deal damage", and "Display damage dealt over enemy's head" or whatever they say. The default hitsound is kinda annoying imo, but there are plenty of tutorials on the internet if you wish to change it.

3. You find items by playing. You might see players with all kinds of neat weapons, but don't worry, you'll have them eventually.

4. http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Main_Page
 
My hard work is paying off YAY one from DoDS!
[i mean im not revealing any secret plan to lure ppl to hat fortress :3 ]
 
Been playing since 2008 and it was worth like the 20 bucks back than, and 600 hours later, still is.
 
Some advice.. sniper is a lot different than DoDS, there are no class limits, and you can go back to spawn to heal, Id recommend pyro/heavy/medic as starting classes. GL :)
 
There's a few things you should probably avoid, if you still want people to actually like you.

1.) If you are playing demoman, you have more than one weapon. Surprise surprise, you actually have a grenade launcher AS WELL AS a sticky-bomb launcher.

2.) Every time you build a minisentry, Gabe Newel delays HL3 for another hour

3.) Never heal only one person, heal everyone

4.) Don't be the third spy.
 
Back
Top