Renegade X

The Yeti

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
4,080
Open beta has started! Download the game here. I am currently seeding the torrent to help people get better rates than I did (~600kbs.) The download is small, ~2 gigs, and the game is FREE. Not free-to-play, not pay-to-win. FREE. Consider it a gift for being part of the PC Gaming master race. The game is a ton of fun, even against the AI (which are better than TF2 bots imo.) We have been accepted as a server provider with the launch of two servers soon. We are just waiting for configuration of the servers to start blowing each other up with Mammoth Tanks!

A Mammoth Tank
Mammoth.jpg
 
Downloading it while I'm at university so I can play at the house. I can't wait!
 
Maybe it would of helped if I played the original, but I haven't been impressed with it so far. And the weirdest part is that the totally pointless and out of place 'boink' sound effect that plays when you get a kill is one of the most annoying things to me, lol.
 
Yeah I ran around not knowing who was a bad guy or a good guy, and I wanted to make sure it wasnt just me.

4:52 PM - =(eGO)= albertfish: If you shoot them and they don't die then they are friendly

I followed the wise words above, and still had no clue what was happening.
 
When you aim at them an info box appears over them. Also, GDI is gold and silver whereas NOD is red and black.
 
Shut your pieholes, then read the wiki. Then fill me in on said wikis or pies.
 
If you approach this game expecting a super serious, hardcore game, you will be disappointed. The game is about fun. The boink sound upon killing someone is hilarious, and I LOVE boinking friends. There are helpful tidbits of information all over the game. Heck even the escape menu in-match is covered in tutorials on how to play.

It is more complex than many modern FPS games, vehicles don't just randomly spawn for you, you need to earn your upgrades, and you need to understand counters. i.e. i am on a map with lots of vehicles on it, i should make sure to grab a character or weapon set that is classified as good against: Light/Heavy Armor.

It is still in Beta so there are bugs. I have had many crashes, and the most annoying thing is if you use the in-game server browser GUI you can click on a server to join, and you join a different one. At the moment I suggest either coordinating with your friends and entering in the server IP manually, or use the server browser in the game launcher, which can be found in the game folder.

To sum it up, It is iconoclastic in its style, but a breath of fresh air because of that fact. On a scale of Canadian Bacon to Vladimir Putin, I give it a head of Cabbage.
 
To sum it up, It is iconoclastic in its style, but a breath of fresh air because of that fact. On a scale of Canadian Bacon to Vladimir Putin, I give it a head of Cabbage.

Why not a radish?

I GOTTA PRESENT FOR YA!!

GDI ftw.
 
Last edited:
You know guys.....as soon as I clicked this thread I pretty much automatically went to download the game.... Now reading the comments I am not sure if I want to play it lol. I guess I will at least give it a chance and hope I don't rage quit off the bat like someone else did.
 
Brings back memories of Westwood Online and Renegade. I think I will download this game and give it a shot.

Note: I still play Tribes Ascend. ;-)
 
Back
Top