Ask an EX - WoW Game Master

Emoney

Active Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
265
Most of you all do not know this but I am an Ex-Gamemaster for World of Warcraft, yes I used to work for blizzard. Since my time behind the screens I have an abundance of knowledge of the Inner workings of blizzard and WoW behind the screens, I though it would be nice to hold a Q & A for any one interested in all things blizzard! If you have a question just ask and I will be happy to answer all question (if I know the answer of course)!!!
 
Did you ever answer any amusing CS tickets people sent in-game? Or helped people with their homework? :P
 
Did you ever answer any amusing CS tickets people sent in-game? Or helped people with their homework? :P

People send alot of amusing tickets but most of them were reading language complaints. The colorful language used by wow players is by far the most creative insults i have ever seen.
 
Any favorites of yours that you can recall? I imagine there has to be some kind of a collection of tickets somewhere in Blizzard to read during breaks and lunch.
 
aadQ7Vt.jpg
 
Any favorites of yours that you can recall? I imagine there has to be some kind of a collection of tickets somewhere in Blizzard to read during breaks and lunch.

Yeah its was called wowbash.com half the stuff on there was posted by gm's in there spare time. I think it gt shut down though
 
Did you guys get free max level characters to use on any server :P
 
Did you guys get free max level characters to use on any server :P
For their gm accounts maybe, but I know that plenty of gm's have an account that they simply play on just like any other guy. The difference is that if someone ninja's in their raid group that dude wont get too far with the loot. :P
 
For their gm accounts maybe, but I know that plenty of gm's have an account that they simply play on just like any other guy. The difference is that if someone ninja's in their raid group that dude wont get too far with the loot. :P

You can get punished for ninja'ing loot in WoW now?
 
Did you guys get free max level characters to use on any server :P

For work we had 2 characters, one alliance and one horde, that were max level and signed into every server simltaniously.

For play we were given three 25 year subscription accounts to play one or give to friends and family
 
You can get punished for ninja'ing loot in WoW now?

the only way a person can get punished for ninja looting is if they take the loot from a raid in a supported raid format. So that being said wow only supports loot distribution setups that are available in game. if someone steals the loot from like a gold run where players buy the gear and the gold is split at the end, the most that could I could have done as a gm would be to take back the gear and or money from the ninja
 
Are there any "Secret" things or Easter eggs in the map no one knows about? Did GM's get any special GM specific items?
 
Are there any "Secret" things or Easter eggs in the map no one knows about? Did GM's get any special GM specific items?

Well there is GM island, which is real. But at this point, as far as I know all GM secrects have pretty much been discovered. As for items, GM's received all in game items released during there employeement. For instance I had a mini Teriel pet, they would give us exclusives that they give to everyone that attends blizzcon and at work we got the action figures released, posters, all things blizzard basically.
 
Back
Top