Hightower in the wee hours... (Pics!)

HaloRacer

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
978
Our servers become very interesting places at two in the morning (CST). What's funny is that I started it all with simply running around as a heavy offering a sandvich of peace to everyone. To my surprise, most players instantly joined in...

Playing on the rocks!

n2DcClS.jpg


Hoovy tower!

9Mb9wnM.jpg


Everyone's having a laugh...

K2Fx6lw.jpg


Leaning Tower of Sandvich

zJWnOzI.jpg


General Shenanigans

nDLdQxw.jpg


9trzSuW.jpg


MOMENT OF DEATH. Pretty sure the scout right next to me was swinging his taunt kill bat and I got it right before execution...

6H21UDp.jpg




Bonus of Soupless Heady...err, I mean Headless Soupy from a few days ago!

ox6ip7x.jpg



Anyway, that's all. Hope some of you got a kick out of it. Catch you all on the servers. GO FILL 'EM!

CYA!



:thumbup:

HpMtyS6.jpg
 
That's one thing I love most about late night Fortress. Always a blast! I have so many great screenies from the different servers, too. We had some fun on Egypt a couple nights ago, too. Thanks for sharing. I love this!
 
Gahhhh, when i always play at night and we are 4 people there is always that one try hard that is sooo annoying and ends up getting banned. I NEVER GET TO EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU GUYS GET ;-;.
for example this morning there were 5 people (including myself) that were playing on Valve maps and 2 try hards (probably friends) we just going medic/soldier try harding thinking they were good... And i was not playing serious because abe normal, johnny and I we just playing for lols and every time the pub killed us he said we were bad and stuff. Then i go demo just to rek him and when i kill him he goes '' Ha pub sticky spam.. you bad'' then we went on and said the insta racist perma ban word and his friend did to and they got banned. This is to show that i never get to play with the cool people ;-;.
 
Gahhhh, when i always play at night and we are 4 people there is always that one try hard that is sooo annoying and ends up getting banned. I NEVER GET TO EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU GUYS GET ;-;.
for example this morning there were 5 people (including myself) that were playing on Valve maps and 2 try hards (probably friends) we just going medic/soldier try harding thinking they were good... And i was not playing serious because abe normal, johnny and I we just playing for lols and every time the pub killed us he said we were bad and stuff. Then i go demo just to rek him and when i kill him he goes '' Ha pub sticky spam.. you bad'' then we went on and said the insta racist perma ban word and his friend did to and they got banned. This is to show that i never get to play with the cool people ;-;.

You just gotta play cool to make everyone else cool. If the mood is light-hearted, most people will play along or just leave and go somewhere else if they are not interested in silliness.

If someone was "try-harding" like that, instead of switching class and killing them I'd probably just compliment them and give them ups.

"Hey, good job ___."
"Nice shot ___"
"Good one ___"

And once I've buttered them up by inflating their ego, I might invite them to join me in silliness.

"Hey good one! Now try heavy boxing me."
"Nice shot. How are you with melee? Let's 1v1."

Or whatever...

When the servers die late at night, I end up alone with no one to play with. :( So my goal is usually to keep people on as long as I can. If that means they kill me a lot to make them have fun, I don't really care so much.

That being said, if someone is going to be a jerk and break the rules, they're probably going to do that eventually anyway. Late nights do sometimes bring out the instigators.
 
You just gotta play cool to make everyone else cool. If the mood is light-hearted, most people will play along or just leave and go somewhere else if they are not interested in silliness.



If someone was "try-harding" like that, instead of switching class and killing them I'd probably just compliment them and give them ups.



"Hey, good job ___."

"Nice shot ___"

"Good one ___"



And once I've buttered them up by inflating their ego, I might invite them to join me in silliness.



"Hey good one! Now try heavy boxing me."

"Nice shot. How are you with melee? Let's 1v1."



Or whatever...



When the servers die late at night, I end up alone with no one to play with. :( So my goal is usually to keep people on as long as I can. If that means they kill me a lot to make them have fun, I don't really care so much.



That being said, if someone is going to be a jerk and break the rules, they're probably going to do that eventually anyway. Late nights do sometimes bring out the instigators.


I always compliment people, just that try hard had to learn that he is not the best and that he should stop treating people this way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I always compliment people

Didn't say you didn't. I was just posting what I do to get people "in the spirit" of silliness.

Some people spend so many hours playing on servers where they are pressured to prove themselves or be "good" that it takes a little extra effort to switch their way of thinking so they realize it's ok to have fun and goof off sometimes.

Once you get it started, the spirit of silliness is contagious. :laugh:
 
Didn't say you didn't. I was just posting what I do to get people "in the spirit" of silliness.



Some people spend so many hours playing on servers where they are pressured to prove themselves or be "good" that it takes a little extra effort to switch their way of thinking so they realize it's ok to have fun and goof off sometimes.



Once you get it started, the spirit of silliness is contagious. :laugh:


We tried everything with guy.. He just had to get banned :3


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
HaloRacer,

A few nights ago on Egypt, we were goofing around and I was trying to fish kill Bhruic and the entire head of my Holy Mackerel fell off and was just flopping around. Don't ask me why now but in the middle of the night it was the funniest thing ever. I laughed until I snorted chasing him around with this floppy fish with the eyeball hanging off.

To me, those memories beat the topping-the-scoreboard-and-dominations memories.

iXUJhR9.jpg


I like to win and I like to be competitive. But I try to remember it's just a game or it becomes too much like "work." Nights like this are a good reminder. And you're right that most people will join in. I think most of us welcome the lightheartedness now and then.
 
We can't force anyone to take part in anything they don't want to. Even last night, there were a few people still trying to murder everyone. We all sort of ignored them and it was still a blast.

Edit: LOL. That fish looks ridiculous! I agree though. I've been playing a lot more demoknight/sandvich heavy lately. Simply more fun to me!
 
I've had a couple nights like that.

Started with this

CCAAD1AA8173BD49B6ED12493C827BDAFD4E091B


Which led to this

1024x575.resizedimage


(Yes, that's a heavy tower)
 
We can't force anyone to take part in anything they don't want to.

Exactly. Nor should we try to.

Even last night, there were a few people still trying to murder everyone.

Sometimes that makes it fun, too. I like to go scout and watch them chase me around, not trying to shoot them back or anything. It's like dodgeball... with bullets and rockets.

Edit: LOL. That fish looks ridiculous! I agree though. I've been playing a lot more demoknight/sandvich heavy lately. Simply more fun to me!

lol I was already giggling a bit because we were being silly on the server, but when the fish did that, I just lost it.

I'm a really terrible demoknight. Maybe I should try that sometime when we're just playing around on the servers. I'm sure I won't be a threat to anyone. haha
 
Back
Top