As a real life police officer the game doesn't intrigue me. The idea mayyyyyybe... but I think Battlefield needs to stick to war games and not the war on crime... meh. Cops and robbers games don't tend to do very well on the opposite side of it, this gives more avenues for those who hate cops to blow them up, ambush them and so on.
So for vehicles I am guessing it's get away cars for bad guys, helicopters without guns cause it's a police department regardless of swat or not, and a bearcat rolling in? Can't have tanks, LAVs or attack helis bringing the boom in real life.
For a realistic boring ass game they should put you in the seat of a squad car responding to 911 calls all night. Going from one domestic violence call to a down and out drunk that needs assistance getting to the hospital. Bet that game would fly off the shelf...
I could be wrong could be an interesting game but we shall see.