I'm getting tired of our maps

KelpTheGreat

EGO Zealot
=(e)=
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,948
Every time I play, it's always 2fort, dustbowl, badwater, upward, hightower, harvest, or egypt. It's just... it's getting kinda stale. There are probably over a hundred other maps out there that I never play because we don't have them on our servers.
I'm torn between my love of the community on our home servers and my growing boredom with our server maps.
Is there anything I can do to reignite my interest in our 24/7 maps? Or is there a way we can have more varied maps? I was really disappointed when we lost Valve Maps. Like, maybe we could have the event server open with a custom map rotation when it's not used for events or training?
In particular I'd really love to play some Warpath, Kong King, Sawmill, Nucleus, Turbine, Well, Convoy, Doublecross, Mach4, Standin, Gorge, Freight, Ravine, Fastlane, Coldfront, Granary...
 
Dropbox it and talk to the TeamFortress 2 leaders, If there is a bit anuff fan base. We can try something :)_
 
I personally think you have a great view but let's take a look in the past with our old rotation servers. Valve Maps has a lot of these maps but since the community didn't fill it, it eventually died and now we're stuck with server on 24/7 in general. I personally don't mind but I do agree it does get stale after time.
 
Maserati ran a Valve Maps One Night Stand event not too long ago, and that was quite popular. The EC team could do more of those, if there's sufficient interest.
 
Maserati ran a Valve Maps One Night Stand event not too long ago, and that was quite popular. The EC team could do more of those, if there's sufficient interest.

I would say keep an eye out for it in August, it maaay just comeback for another "one night stand"
 
Honestly our community is great, I love playing on our server because of the people. But at the same time its sometimes nice to just go to another community that has a lot different maps. I found a 32 person server that runs a bunch of custom maps and has a great community that i've really enjoyed. I've been playing there a lot.

Nothing wrong with that, it makes me appreciate the small stuff that happens at our servers but be a bit more silly on other servers. Another thing that will rekindle your tf2 and eGO server love is just playing another game. Pick up another game and you'll come back to tf2 feeling fresh. I bought payday 2 lately and put a lot of hours into that game, so now when i play tf2, the maps all feel nice and fresh. Well except Dustbowl, I think half of my tf2 hours are on dustbowl.
 
Honestly, I only stay here for the people.

There's nothing wrong with visiting some other servers for an outing. We've had many many tries at maps other than these 24/7 ones but there wasn't enough support. If they opened the event server to some kind of rotation, then it wouldn't be full, ever. No one likes playing by themselves.
 
Honestly, I only stay here for the people.

There's nothing wrong with visiting some other servers for an outing. We've had many many tries at maps other than these 24/7 ones but there wasn't enough support. If they opened the event server to some kind of rotation, then it wouldn't be full, ever. No one likes playing by themselves.

Yeah, I too feel like I'm still in here for the people. I rarely play on the servers, mainly because of me moving to Poland.

I wish there were more EU events, so that I could get back into playing TF2 more.
 
Honestly our community is great, I love playing on our server because of the people. But at the same time its sometimes nice to just go to another community that has a lot different maps. I found a 32 person server that runs a bunch of custom maps and has a great community that i've really enjoyed. I've been playing there a lot.

Nothing wrong with that, it makes me appreciate the small stuff that happens at our servers but be a bit more silly on other servers. Another thing that will rekindle your tf2 and eGO server love is just playing another game. Pick up another game and you'll come back to tf2 feeling fresh. I bought payday 2 lately and put a lot of hours into that game, so now when i play tf2, the maps all feel nice and fresh. Well except Dustbowl, I think half of my tf2 hours are on dustbowl.

This. Play a different game for awhile, it helps enormously or play other games daily with TF2
 
I hear Warframe, Shovel Knight, Borderlands, CS:GO and League of Legends are pretty good 2nd games.

I personally love escaping to Day of Defeat and hanging out with Megs and her division. We all need a break here and there just dont forget to comeback and help us so we can in turn help you with fun servers and other things. :p
 
I personally enjoy all of the maps we run.

If the servers are all filled, I play and love Egypt. Sometimes, I may be getting steamrolled in Egypt or the gameplay has just died and I decide to go play Dustbowl. And if I become bored of that, I launch CS:S and mess around on Office. It's a routine, 8-hour situation that I cycle through almost everyday.

Right now, the worst possible thing we could do is to revive a server that's failed twice already. It had its chance. And so did we. With Egypt and Upwater being extremely unstable, they need all the help they can get, first. If they don't get that help, we're going to have 24/7 map servers only. I heard too many people expressing how much they would enjoy Badwater or Upward instead of Black Mesa or something else running 24/7 in place of Payload rotation, and unsurprisingly, a majority of them have probably only connected to the transformed server once or twice.
 
Honestly our community is great, I love playing on our server because of the people. But at the same time its sometimes nice to just go to another community that has a lot different maps. I found a 32 person server that runs a bunch of custom maps and has a great community that i've really enjoyed. I've been playing there a lot.

Nothing wrong with that, it makes me appreciate the small stuff that happens at our servers but be a bit more silly on other servers. Another thing that will rekindle your tf2 and eGO server love is just playing another game. Pick up another game and you'll come back to tf2 feeling fresh. I bought payday 2 lately and put a lot of hours into that game, so now when i play tf2, the maps all feel nice and fresh. Well except Dustbowl, I think half of my tf2 hours are on dustbowl.

This is another great point, personally playing in different communities and maps and different games really is truly refreshing and taking a break from TF2 can really help you get back in to it at a later time.
 
I've always hated 24/7 maps. I don't understand how people can play the same map over and over again. I love rotation maps, but others don't.

I find myself playing on the regular Valve Maps server now because our servers are bleh =\
 
I've always hated 24/7 maps. I don't understand how people can play the same map over and over again. I love rotation maps, but others don't.

I find myself playing on the regular Valve Maps server now because our servers are bleh =

couldn't agree more. I haven't joined the servers for at least a month, I think. I still lurk around here on the forums to see what you all have to say though. Me and Suspicious Pizza have mostly just ran around on regular Valve servers. Why don't we have a custom map server? I would think something like that would be popular.
 
Any new server, rotation or not, needs the support of the community. The whole community, not just a handful of people. Servers don't populate themselves. But it seems that people think thats the case and then will never play on the new server because only a few people try to play there.
 
I see where you're coming from. I rarely get to play on the servers I like, cause egypt is always dead and harvest lags like my computer is a potato (which it is). But I have found a solution (pls ban): valve servers. They not only have almost every map, but they also make you feel like you're mlgpr0.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top