Castles by Date

Lethedethius

Active Member
=(e)=
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
319
What's up ladies and gents?

so I'm trying to figure out when the newest castle was built... I have been looking through list after list but I can't find them by year... making it hard to figure out when the newest one was built... Any help?
 
Maybe the Disney Castle? I remember someone saying that it was a replica of a castle that was designed by some king who had to halt production because he ran out of funding. just a shot in the dark tho
 
hmmm... anything more serious than Disney?? I'd hate to think that Walt built the last castle known to man... that'd be pretty dang sad :/
 
Drogo Castle was the last castle built in the UK (completed in 1930).
 
Some crazy dude built a castle out of coral in Miami during the 20s.
 
I saw Castle Drogo, apparently it's turned to rubbish and is in need of repair... the organization managing it is asking for 11b pounds to restore it... jeesh.
 
If we're talking "real" castles, Neuschwanstein comes to mind because it was built long after castles as fortifications were useful and was more of a pleasure palace than anything.

Edit: Completed in 1892.
 
It's not a castle you would think of, but a British farmer did build a private castle in secret. Here's a link to the news article about it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cretly-haystacks-loses-year-planning-row.html

I remembered hearing about this on the news. There was an argument about it being built and being in violation of building code or something. He hid the entire construction process by erecting large haystacks to shield the construction from passerbys.
 
Good! It looks awesome, brings genuine beautification to the area! I wonder how much that cost to erect, materials + time... I'd love to build some small castle pieces :D maybe have a 1,500-2,000 sq ft castle :D
 
Disney castle is "real", it's where hopes and dreams come to life with imagination sprinkled
deliciously on top

You can actually stay inside what they call the Cinderella Castle Suite, in Disney World (if I got that right?)
 
You can actually stay inside what they call the Cinderella Castle Suite, in Disney World (if I got that right?)

idk but if they don't let you prepare to arm yourselves and storm the castle. We only need to capture the princess to win

Save the cheerleader, save the world.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top