Attention: Keep Watch of Hackers

Shark

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
Dec 12, 2010
Messages
2,054
A few of the other divisions have posted about this, but there is another hacking boom just like the one in 2009.

If someone sends you a steam message saying something along the lines of "WTF Dude?!" or "Would you mind checking this out for me?", don't click on it. These links will look just like image links, but it's actually a virus that will allow these people access to your computer and take more than just your steam account. Your anti-virus might pick it up and try to block it, but that doesn't always work.

Be safe people. Block anybody (even friends) who send you messages like these.
 
thanks for the warning! also people are making dup. accounts to try to friend you and try to "trade you items" dont click the link even though it looks like a trade offer
 
Yeah,
Someone on my friendlist apparently fell victim because I was getting sent that message. :/ A picture that leads to a .ru server? Sounds legit.
 
I wouldn't block a friend: rather, report them on Steam for "Hijacked Account/Phishing Attempt" and advise friends to do the same so that your hacked friend can get their account back.

Never click any links that lead to a website that appears to be Steam (or really any link at all with this current hacker boom) in which you need to log in your Steam account. it's almost always easy to tell by the "streamconnunity" link.

If you do get hacked by one of those phony Steam sites, contact Steam Support immediately and make sure to ask some friends over Teamspeak or something of that nature to report your account. This has happened multiple times in this community this year, they always get their accounts back.

I haven't got any of those new virus links before, so all I can say with that is be smart lol
 
Last edited:
I'm curious, and it took a lot of resolve not to click the ".jpg" link.

I've only come across one of these, but they're getting more clever. Be smart, people.
 
what I usually do is accept friend request and if I get a message that has a link I imidiatly take that person off becuase I know already that it is a hacker safe way to not get hacked is to click nothing that they send you just read and go away. in addition if you really want to type good trader then what you want to do is click the avatar in the message box so for instance I say Hi click me! dont click on click me click on the question mark or the picture of the person in the corner. but for saftey reasons automatically remove the person. I use to get viruses on this PC so my advice dont click anything you see if you get a virus warning. turn your PC off and use the virus scanner you know and love that you know is automatically on the PC. because it can depending on the software scan for spyware and trojon horses and other nasty viruses. oh and good one rawburt I didnt think of that one. and to nix and every one. be smart or be out smarted like a cat and mouse tom and jerry I just recieved a sad invite from a guy who had sent me a message that said to click me or something of the sorts. unfriended him lol.
 
another advice is to also read the URL before clicking if it has for some dumb reason peaked your intrest. it may lead you to a porn site or a site where the hacker is in control. he/she can do many things to you where it can be plant a virus or things like that. im not saying that team speak has viruses but reason I dont download it is becuase It may have add ware that may clog up the PC memory so any thing with add ware is bad for the PC because it only fills your PC with crud you do not need.
 
dafuq-did-i-just-read-240x180.jpg
 
I got one of these from a friend who got his account compromised. Just stay vigilant, and never download anything unless you know exactly what it is.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Some guy tried to get me with that, however there were like 50 red flags.
FIRST: I was his only friend on steam.
SECOND: He had no games played, or downloaded.
THIRD: His name was literally "get hacked"
I then reported him for fraud and suspected hacking.
 
Yep. And then, do yourself one better by reporting whomever is phishing you. If it's someone you trust, report for "suspected hijacking," and if it's someone whom you recently just friended and/or doesn't appear trustworthy, report them for phishing.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top