Paladins, poor man's Overwatch

Cappy77

I made one post
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
10
Nuff' said, Overwatch for poor people, anyone played it? I've been playing a lot of it and i've been enjoying it.
 
Just gonna say Paladins was around first at least to my knowledge. They were probably being developed around the same time though. I enjoy Paladins a decent bit when I get around to playing it though.
 
Last edited:
Just gonna say Paladins was around first at least to my knowledge. They were probably being developed around the same time though. I enjoy Paladins a decent bit when I get around to playing it though.

Not a chance

Like not even a small chance

Paladins was announced to be 'in development' practically a year after Overwatch was already in a fully playable state at Blizzcon 2014

The character animations, designs and gameplay style are almost direct clones of Overwatch's and it's hard to ignore some of the more shameless rips they pulled off. Oh look, I've never seen a flying rocket chick, or a big tank guy with a hook, or Generic FPS Soldier #506034

With that said at least it is free... so if you can't pay the full price for Overwatch, that is understandable -- but know that you are dealing with HiRez. They are fickle developers who have IMHO burned their playerbase too many times in the past for me to trust them anymore. I'd rather cough up the price of Overwatch so I don't wake up in the morning to find Paladins has completely changed for the 20th time this phase
 
Not a chance

Like not even a small chance

Paladins was announced to be 'in development' practically a year after Overwatch was already in a fully playable state at Blizzcon 2014

The character animations, designs and gameplay style are almost direct clones of Overwatch's and it's hard to ignore some of the more shameless rips they pulled off. Oh look, I've never seen a flying rocket chick, or a big tank guy with a hook, or Generic FPS Soldier #506034

With that said at least it is free... so if you can't pay the full price for Overwatch, that is understandable -- but know that you are dealing with HiRez. They are fickle developers who have IMHO burned their playerbase too many times in the past for me to trust them anymore. I'd rather cough up the price of Overwatch so I don't wake up in the morning to find Paladins has completely changed for the 20th time this phase



Nope

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/
 


Well considering most of all those things were in use in their prior games ...yeah cause we all know blizzard has never taken anyone's game ideas and packaged them up.


Anyways i wouldn't call it a poor man's over watch , it's only free right now cause its in open beta . A lot of the games feature's aren't even on right now.
 
After about 8hrs of play i will say they need to do a lot of menu optimizing , to the point the minimize button doesn't even work. The game is a lot of fun though , just wish they would have added more to test out.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top