Counter-Strike Not Planned CSGO Jailbreak: Icon above player who is typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer

Poster
Joined
Aug 14, 2018
Messages
204
In Jailbreak it can be confusing to know whether a T is typing in chat. To avoid unnecessary freekills, I suggest if a T has his chat open, an icon whether it be 3 dots or a keyboard above his head to show that player is typing.
 
Upvote 0
Lot's of idiots kill people when there is a shift walk or crouch walk command, this could solve these problems.
 
Lot's of idiots kill people when there is a shift walk or crouch walk command, this could solve these problems.
might actually make it worse, sometimes a t will accidentally stand up not intending to use chat, maybe drink some water, I think adding this feature would actually increase free kills because of inexperienced cts
 
+1

I think this is a great idea, it would really help ct's with the free killing and would definitely stop a bunch of freekills from happening. It should definitely get added.
 
Neutral at this point, I see what mouse is saying when he says it may cause server lag, recently the server has had it's ups and downs with FPS.
 
+1

Really like the idea. Although some CT's still going to be toxic and kill over the slightest thing but I feel like an icon like this can help deter that.

We should also give players the option to turn this feature off if they dont want more visual clutter on their screen.
 
Last edited:
-1 The 3-second rule doesn't only apply when Ts are using chat. Therefore this would only be a solution to Ts being killed when typing. However, there are downsides to this idea. My biggest concern is that these icons, the size of Warden's icon, is going to be obtrusive to sight to all players. If CTs are killing b/c Ts are typing during crouch walk, then they need to stand up to type which will get them killed, nullifying the icon.
 
Last edited:
+0 This idea is able to solve problems but also cause problems, if many players are typing it can cause major lag and sight reduction. This will also cause toxicity and much complaining because of people thinking it wasn't 3 seconds or CT's immediately killing them after it reaches 3 seconds. There are some pros such as being able to tell when a T is typing, but it definitely has its loses.
 
Hey uh I know this is like super old (I was sorting by most upvotes), but I just wanted to chime in and say I don't think this is currently possible. The server is (as far as I'm aware) never informed when a player opens their chat window, only when they send an actual message. So regardless of pros/cons, it 99.99999% isn't happening.
 
Hey uh I know this is like super old (I was sorting by most upvotes), but I just wanted to chime in and say I don't think this is currently possible. The server is (as far as I'm aware) never informed when a player opens their chat window, only when they send an actual message. So regardless of pros/cons, it 99.99999% isn't happening.

To my understanding I also have the same conclusion, this most likely is not possible.

The suggestion will stay open because it is popular but this is not something we will able be to do.
 
Spencer Spencer

As mentioned above, this doesn't seem like a feature that is currently possible.

Great suggestion though! I encourage you to continue making suggestions in the future.

~Closed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top