Reckful

DigitalDJ

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes.
=(e)=
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
2,355
Reckful's NPC was added to the game with the pre-patch. He's located in the Stormwind Cathedral as a Rogue trainer. For those who don't know who him, Byron was a pioneer for WoW on twitch and was one of the first streamers to "make it". He put out tons of content for people and changed the Rogue community as a whole, he was truly one of the most helpful and nice people around the game for many many years. Sadly in July he took his own life due to bullying and a mixture of depression and other personal issues. I never "knew" him but he was one of the main reasons why I rolled a Rogue back in 2010. Blizzard added his NPC to forever immortalize him in Azeroth, he's finally home where he belongs. The screenshots below are from the day he passed, hundreds of players both horde and alliance gathered in the cathedral to pay respects to him, something I have never seen on this level. Rest easy, buddy.

7bcd890779df6186cd74fbc56ffe15a3.jpg

37481fac9c44875944e0b16c7d2401d4.jpg

6fdfd6bb12a25c68e968b4a4892beb37.jpg
 
You really have to appreciate the camaraderie, respect and honour that MMO players have for one another. Kudos to Blizzard for honouring him in this way and leaving his legacy in their game. Sad to hear he took his own life, though. That really sucks...
 
I find it funny they did this while never unbanning his account for account sharing over like 6 years, really made reckful sad. Always bothered me how Blizzard chose to honor him *after* his death. We should honor the people that made wow what it is now, before they pass.
 
I find it funny they did this while never unbanning his account for account sharing over like 6 years, really made reckful sad. Always bothered me how Blizzard chose to honor him *after* his death. We should honor the people that made wow what it is now, before they pass.

I thought he eventually did get it back? But yeah, I absolutely agree. I've seen people do and say way worse things and still never get banned. Their system isn't the greatest by any means lol.
 
I was someone who didn't know too much about Reckful until after his death, but once I saw how much of an impact he had on people and how great of a person he was it just made me sad. As someone who struggles a lot with depression it sucks seeing someone lose their battle with it, especially when they have a great impact on the everyone around them. It definitely makes me happy that they added an NPC of Reckful to memorize all of his time and dedication to World of Warcraft.
 
I thought he eventually did get it back? But yeah, I absolutely agree. I've seen people do and say way worse things and still never get banned. Their system isn't the greatest by any means lol.
Unless something changed right before his death he never got his OG account back. Ironically he logged into one of his alts and the dude that he account shared with messaged him, never served a day of the ban.
 
Unless something changed right before his death he never got his OG account back. Ironically he logged into one of his alts and the dude that he account shared with messaged him, never served a day of the ban.
Yeah maybe not, I think I'm thinking of another streamer then, not sure lol.
 
Back
Top