Not Planned [Tech] Subdomain Utiliziation for Servers

MS

EGO Zealot
Joined
Dec 10, 2019
Messages
1,966
Hi, I think as many servers as possible should support the domain of edgegamers.com. Eg:
jb.edgegamers.com - CS JB Server
ttt.edgegamers.com - CS TTT Server
tf2.edgegamers.com - TF2 Server
discord.edgegamers.com - Discord Server
events.edgegamers.com - Event Server

etc. etc.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 4
Aren't you guys developers?

Just do some SRV records in your DNS provider settings kekw
 
Aren't you guys developers?

Just do some SRV records in your DNS provider settings kekw
I'm just an eG mate, they don't give the big guns to us. (Also, developer != web backend :P).
 
+1
but don't forget mg, surf, bhop, and surf 24/7. TTT and jb isn't the only thing the other servers deserve some attention too
 
that one is a little harder than you think
Oh I know! That was totally a joke! I almost acquired the @McArthur.com YEARS ago. When the internet was new. This is my RL last name but I was like will I really use it and share it and manage it and and and....

Glad and Sad I didn't
 
How dare you mention that terrible platform on this forum.

HOW DARE YOU
 
you'd think by now, someone would be fed up with the mailserver work and either simplify it or overhaul it
 
you'd think by now, someone would be fed up with the mailserver work and either simplify it or overhaul it
that’s legit what outlook and gsuite and other mail services do lol. you just enter the mx record pointing towards them and they do all the work
 
No those are all really just fascia plug ins. Like Windows was for DOS, they just manipulate the system that's behind the curtain. DO. NOT. LOOK. BEHIND. THE. CURTAIN!

They're talking about the actual guts. I've heard it said email is one of the only original parts of the internet that still exists...

Would that make it the Internets soul? Or maybe the anus? Rib?

PS Let's remember this is a suggestion post and get back on target

MSWS has a good suggestion and I don't think it would be too hard to implement.
 
Last edited:
im necroing because i figured something out,

technically, all the cs servers (with the exception of source and surf summer) have subdomain links, they just arent what you expect:

so for jb: it's jb.csgo.edgegamers.cc
bhop: bhop.csgo.edgegamers.cc
ttt: ttt.csgo.edgegamers.cc

and so on

CSGO, MC, GTA and TS are the only servers we support with those subdomains
 

Latest posts

Back
Top