Delivered [CS JB] Gun Game special day limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkfry

NPC
=(e)=
Joined
Aug 12, 2017
Messages
472
Hello,

Just making this post hoping that other people somewhat agree with me. It's specifically about the gun game special day on Jailbreak. I'm just gonna be up front with my opinion about it and say that it is absolutely terrible. The spawns are terrible, the time wait between spawns is terrible, and it is just not any fun at all. You barely get any time to kill someone before you get spawn killed. Everything about this day sucks (in my opinion). I'm sure we can agree that JB is supposed to be fun, and it is, but certain things like this special day take way from it. And to make things even worse, there are specific players who know that a good majority of the server doesn't like this special day and purposely queue for warden just to call this day to make people mad. It's been an issue for a while now and I'm hoping that something comes of this post to resolve it. There is a suggested solution I have in mind for this issue, which would be to limit how many times a specific special day can be called (2 times in 3 maps for example), that way players can't outright abuse it just to trigger other people. Not sure how many people agree, but again this special day is pretty annoying, especially when it's called over and over, and I personally wouldn't miss it at all if it were to go away. As always I'm open to other people's thoughts on the matter, and thanks for taking the time to read this.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi dark, your suggestion is already implemented, There is a cooldown to prevent Special Days to be spammed, I'm not quite sure how many rounds are between each Special Day but there is already a cooldown.

Now my opinion is the same as you, Spawns are terrible in gun game and sometimes it is annoying to wait that time to spawn when you get spawn killed But it gonna be hard to implement a solution to spawn, why you ask? because every map is not the same so you have to configure each spawn for each map but then when a lot of people (Full server for example) play Gun Game then those spawn probably wont be enough and on top of that it will be easier to spawn kill if a spawn is static, Now with time I'm pretty sure it can be lowered but i think there gonna be problems, maybe with someone camping a spawn and getting all those kill that kick or maybe others problems that can just seen when that time lowered.

It gonna be a -1 for me unless you (or other person that read this) propose another solution for both spawn problem and spawn time.
 
Hi dark, your suggestion is already implemented, There is a cooldown to prevent Special Days to be spammed, I'm not quite sure how many rounds are between each Special Day but there is already a cooldown.

Now my opinion is the same as you, Spawns are terrible in gun game and sometimes it is annoying to wait that time to spawn when you get spawn killed But it gonna be hard to implement a solution to spawn, why you ask? because every map is not the same so you have to configure each spawn for each map but then when a lot of people (Full server for example) play Gun Game then those spawn probably wont be enough and on top of that it will be easier to spawn kill if a spawn is static, Now with time I'm pretty sure it can be lowered but i think there gonna be problems, maybe with someone camping a spawn and getting all those kill that kick or maybe others problems that can just seen when that time lowered.

It gonna be a -1 for me unless you (or other person that read this) propose another solution for both spawn problem and spawn time.
I understand your point. My suggestion isn't to fix the spawns but to increase the cooldown for specific days. I know there is a cool down for special days in general (3 rounds), but there are players who only call the gun game day as soon as the special day becomes available, and what I was suggesting is to make it where you can't call specific days over and over each time the special day becomes available.
 
He is why I disagree with this. Rather being a cool down it should be you can't call the same ape dial day back to back.
Forgetting the focus on gun gqme, having the same special day back to back makes it stale. Cool downs might be excessive, but having it be so it can't be called twice in a row would help balance things out.
 
He is why I disagree with this. Rather being a cool down it should be you can't call the same ape dial day back to back.
Forgetting the focus on gun gqme, having the same special day back to back makes it stale. Cool downs might be excessive, but having it be so it can't be called twice in a row would help balance things out.
I do agree, this would definitely help out a lot. Not sure how much JB you play but if you've spent any time on it recently you'll understand how annoying it has been having this day called b2b2b2b. At this point it's being used as a troll, and I know other people also get pretty irritated by it just due to the reactions in chat whenever this day is called, and I've also noticed people will join spectate just to sit it out. Personally I would lean more towards 2 different special days in between, rather than just one.
 
Last edited:
I like Gun Game as a concept.Its a fun special day and it brings something new to the table.Before new special days were added all we used to play were Free Days and War Days.IMO gun game can be improved a lot buy cutting down the respawn timer.I don't know the logistics of making gun game work so I can't really provide any better solutions.
 
If I may I don't think the OP was directly suggesting modification in their suggestion. Modification of gun game should probably take place in a seperate thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top