Delivered GTA FiveM Whitelisted - Weapon reloading

Cryptic Strolski

Thread Junky
=(e)=
Joined
Sep 2, 2019
Messages
779
Currently with the new inventory system, you need to drag ammunition into a hot key, then pull out your weapon pertaining to that ammunition type, then press the ammunition hot key to load your weapon. On top of this, currently, when your weapon runs out of ammo while you continue firing after the fact, you automatically pull the next weapon with ammo out.

This creates a problem, where if I'm firing my pistol as a police officer and run out of ammo, as I continue to fire and my clip empties, I whip a magical shotgun out my but and keep firing.

I propose an alternate solution here. Bring back the R.

Remove the need to hotkey ammo, just make us keep it in our inventory, not a hotkey slot.

In turn, have weapons automatically reload OR have the gun just keep clicking as it is empty until we press R to reload. Disable the feature that pulls out the next loaded weapon.

With this process in play, we keep the reload timer, we just remove the need to have ammo hot key'd and we remove the disastrous moments of pulling a shotgun out of our butts and blowing people away with them.
 
Upvote 0
We can't bring back the "R" for reloading. "R" for reload is when you are using normal GTAV weapons. The system has changed for weapons to act as items.

We are in progress of fixing the resource to where your weapon doesn't get put away when emptied.
 
We can't bring back the "R" for reloading. "R" for reload is when you are using normal GTAV weapons. The system has changed for weapons to act as items.

We are in progress of fixing the resource to where your weapon doesn't get put away when emptied.
I get what you are saying about not being able to reload with R, but what do you mean with the second sentence? I don't want my gun to holster when I run out of ammo, but I also don't want it to swap to another gun. At the worst case scenario, it should click until I reload it.
 
I get what you are saying about not being able to reload with R, but what do you mean with the second sentence? I don't want my gun to holster when I run out of ammo, but I also don't want it to swap to another gun. At the worst case scenario, it should click until I reload it.
The gun currently gets holstered when you run out of ammo. If you have a second gun in the hotbar, it will switch to that one.

This is a bug.

When your gun is empty, it should not switch nor holster.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top