Counter-Strike CSS Dust 2 No AWP - CSS Dust 2 No AWP - Significant Hit Registration Issues

Cript

Poster
=(e)=
Joined
Jul 5, 2016
Messages
185
What application are you reporting this issue on?
CSS Dust 2 No AWP

What server is this happening on?
CSS Dust 2 No AWP

Short description of the bug.
Significant Hit Registration Issues

Description of the bug.
I primarily use a scout which obviously means I'm screwed if I miss a shot against someone with a semi-auto/auto weapon. I often notice that I "miss" shots with neither me nor my opponent moving, ie shooting an AFK through mid. This AM, a fellow player agreed to sit in t-spawn so I could test and record the issue and sure enough, I was able to do so. Please review the demo at https://filedropper.com/cript and look specifically at the 2nd round, shots 2, 3, and 4. In each case, the opponent and I are stationary, my crosshair is on his head when I shoot, and none of the hits register. I don't seem to have this problem on other servers so I can't blame my machine/connection, especially since neither of us was moving.

What should be happening instead?
Hits should register. I can't think of any other explanation for them not registering than the server having issues. This was 1v1 so clearly load couldn't have been the problem. I'm in WI so my latency is typically between 10 and 30ms but again, latency wouldn't matter when neither of us is moving. Packet loss could be a problem but as you can see from our movement, the shots, the re-chambering, etc - my connection and client were performing fine.

Describe how to replicate the bug.
Do the same thing I did - go 1v1 and see if you can register every scout shot at distance. I hit my very first one but then the next few didn't register. On every other server I've tested, crosshair on head = headshot.

Extra info? I recommend using demoui and slowing down the replay so you can view the shots as clearly as possible.
 
Cript Cript

Do you have any autoexec configs or launch params when start CS:S? If yes, please post them so we can verify & test them.

I'm in WI so my latency is typically between 10 and 30ms

What type of network connection do you have?
 
Cript Cript

Do you have any autoexec configs or launch params when start CS:S? If yes, please post them so we can verify & test them.



What type of network connection do you have?
Nothing special, no. Network connection is a pretty crappy TDS DSL (bonded) with 25M down and 1M up. Sucks but sufficient for CSS. As mentioned, don't see reg issues like this elsewhere
 
Last edited:
Nothing special, no. Network connection is a pretty crappy TDS DSL (bonded) with 25M up and 1M down. Sucks but sufficient for CSS. As mentioned, don't see reg issues like this elsewhere

With a full server of 64 players, a bottleneck would be expected with 1M down since it would also cause your latency to jump. When you type `rate` in console, what is it set to?
 
With a full server of 64 players, a bottleneck would be expected with 1M down since it would also cause your latency to jump. When you type `rate` in console, what is it set to?
My demo was a 1v1. Also it's 25M down, 1M Up. I mis-typed and edited just now.

rate
"rate" = "786432" ( def. "80000" )
archive
** NOTE: The real value is 100000.000 but the server has temporarily restricted it to 786432.000 **
- Max bytes/sec the host can receive data
 
Last edited:
Bumping this because it just happened in a 20v20. I was covering bomb-plant from pit. I very slowly and carefully put my crosshairs on a stationary defuser and shot him square in the dome...no kill, not even a hit reg'd. People speccing were mind-blown as well.
 
I just noticed this thread. If I may add, this happens to me with other weapons. Plus I noticed in my case, aiming at the chest and sometimes legs gets me headshots.
Also, on several occasions other players express their frustration about the hit registration.
My crosshair is set to static not dynamic. Stays the same size.
 
Last edited:
Moving this to completed due to inactivity and age. Please re-create a thread if this issue still persists.

Hit registration issues are rabbit holes filled with wild geese.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top