Not Planned [CS At-Large] Individual Sever Divisions

Sister

bhop's the best server
Joined
Mar 25, 2021
Messages
261
Im here typing this not only as a regular daily player but a comitted player to the eGO Bhop server on CSGO.

The server has issues that are holding the server back in a really negative way, missing maps, map change causing players to crash, and the most important.. the severe lack of maps.
If eGO were to step out of the usual comfort zone with specific game divisions and would branch off for TTT Div/JB Div/Bhop Div etc I see it being a huge positive for the servers.

It could add the oppritunity to A) Add more maps B) have the server feeling more fresh rather than the same maps in rotation for any server C) More of a player base cause as we all know player to player is the best advertisement. More players would want to play on servers that are constantly progressing forward with an active team set for specific game mode servers.

Theres already admins that main servers and a strong server specialist team eager to prove their worth to get a promotion and help push the server to be better. If there were specific divisions for each server, IMO it would push the servers from awesome to amazing.
 
Upvote 4
Respectfully just because they are "AFK" doesn't mean they aren't sometimes there watching and listening. Devils advocate.
Make sure you all think critically and look at the bigger picture.
 
Respectfully just because they are "AFK" doesn't mean they aren't sometimes there watching and listening. Devils advocate.
Make sure you all think critically and look at the bigger picture.
Yep, I recognize this, just making it clear that the suggestion brought by my long message isn't to add more le that lurk the servers
again, not that that's wrong, i just feel that when the community knows the le more, they trust their decisions more
 
Unfortunately, it's not a thing anymore.
View attachment 8026

All other servers could theoretically be neglected due to lack of leadership actively playing on them. Whether or not that's the case is unknown to anyone but leadership.
Make @SexySteven Bhop LE souley for the progression of the bhop server. Let more than one or two people add maps to the server, allow zoning on the LIVE server, biweekly map updates for the server, allow eG rank players that main bhop perm ban cheaters, work on the ac that doesnt work. Ive brought this up a few times but bhop is pretty blatantly ignored. severe lack of moderation on the server and an even worse lack of map variety
 
Make @SexyStevenallow eG rank players that main bhop perm ban cheaters, work on the ac that doesnt work.

I mean at that point just promote them to O, since that's really the only difference between eG and eGO. Sounds like there should be some suggestions from members / admins on who might be being overlooked for a promotion to help maintain that server.
 
I mean at that point just promote them to O, since that's really the only difference between eG and eGO. Sounds like there should be some suggestions from members / admins on who might be being overlooked for a promotion to help maintain that server.
promotions on bhop are fairly hard to come across since there's so little attention to the players that main bhop. at least in my opinion. i can only think of a few members/eG's that MAIN bhop.
 
promotions on bhop are fairly hard to come across since there's so little attention to the players that main bhop. at least in my opinion. i can only think of a few members/eG's that MAIN bhop.
You guys should support each other more, throw in promo recs and talk to managers about it, if higher ups aren't playing, be the representation!
 
Make @SexySteven Bhop LE souley for the progression of the bhop server. Let more than one or two people add maps to the server, allow zoning on the LIVE server, biweekly map updates for the server, allow eG rank players that main bhop perm ban cheaters, work on the ac that doesnt work. Ive brought this up a few times but bhop is pretty blatantly ignored. severe lack of moderation on the server and an even worse lack of map variety
I agree. Same thing for surf.

Generally having a representative from each highly populated server within leadership could be HIGHLY beneficial to those servers, and in return, eGO as a whole.
 
Last edited:
Im here typing this not only as a regular daily player but a comitted player to the eGO Bhop server on CSGO.

The server has issues that are holding the server back in a really negative way, missing maps, map change causing players to crash, and the most important.. the severe lack of maps.
If eGO were to step out of the usual comfort zone with specific game divisions and would branch off for TTT Div/JB Div/Bhop Div etc I see it being a huge positive for the servers.

It could add the oppritunity to A) Add more maps B) have the server feeling more fresh rather than the same maps in rotation for any server C) More of a player base cause as we all know player to player is the best advertisement. More players would want to play on servers that are constantly progressing forward with an active team set for specific game mode servers.

Theres already admins that main servers and a strong server specialist team eager to prove their worth to get a promotion and help push the server to be better. If there were specific divisions for each server, IMO it would push the servers from awesome to amazing.
I actually agree that something like this can easily help the servers (the bigger idea that is), however due to (mostly) technicalities, this will not likely happen.

I was thinking of something that would look like the following:

a) Server specific managers becomes a thing. Managers for TTT, JB, BHOP etc. and not just "CS" Manager. These managers will then gain the ability to deal with reports/contests that have to do with their server and only. (That means that a JB manager cannot influence another game server's contest opinions) That would reduce the downtime required for a decision to be made (and reduces the chance of a wrong decision made because of lack of information), freeing up some time from managers having to repeat a long and boring queue of things that need to be done.

b) I am not entirely sure if they can add maps just by being managers, but having server specific people deciding (which can be done under a vote with other admins/managers from the same server) on what maps could be added or removed, would possibly refresh things a little bit from having to deal with the typical routine maps on every server.

There are more things that can be done of course, but I fear that what you're suggesting is not gonna be hapenning any time soon (It would require an overhaul to several departments, some of which took away some of our potential CS Managers off from the servers).

However do come by our TTT server, to have some fun, so u can try something different for a while (hehe)!
Oh and... TTT>JB!
 
Last edited:
I mean at that point just promote them to O, since that's really the only difference between eG and eGO. Sounds like there should be some suggestions from members / admins on who might be being overlooked for a promotion to help maintain that server.
I’d like to mention the BHOP server specialist team over the summer quite literally begged and pleaded for more admins because we had ZERO (excluding Steven) on top of everything else Sister Sister mentioned. Trust me, we suggest things.
 
I mean, I think that we could annihilate this issue entirely
I mean at that point just promote them to O, since that's really the only difference between eG and eGO. Sounds like there should be some suggestions from members / admins on who might be being overlooked for a promotion to help maintain that server.
eg's should have perms to permanently ban people anyways. It's not like anyone that the LE (of the division) would pick wouldn't trust that person.
 
I’d like to mention the BHOP server specialist team over the summer quite literally begged and pleaded for more admins because we had ZERO (excluding Steven) on top of everything else Sister Sister mentioned. Trust me, we suggest things.
we practically did everything but got on our knees and begged. I with all thats being said I understand only a few people have access to add maps but its not exactally hard or time consuming if there was the ability to zone on the live server it would eliminate a step that has to be done
I agree. Same thing for surf.

Generally having a representative from each highly populated server within leadership could be HIGHLY beneficial to those servers, and in return, eGO as a whole.
there arent many eG+ members on bhop, i can count the ones ive seen in a week on one hand. ( not saying im the most active member but I play when I can )
 
eg's should have perms to permanently ban people anyways. It's not like anyone that the LE (of the division) would pick wouldn't trust that person.
Respectfully, they definitely should not. G's exist as a method of testing to see what kind of admin you are, sort of like having a Jr. Admin. They need time to learn the playing field and to grow. Perma bans aren't something that are supposed to be handed out like candy, and giving it to new Gs is very risky. Not every G that is picked is "trusted" off the bat; But by being a G, you have access to more tools to help the server(Ban Requests, Inside info, near-instantaneous support*(People have lives, 90% of the time if you message a few people you get an actionable answer in less than 15 mins)), and show you really can be trusted. If you do a good job and put forth the effort, people do not stay Gs for long. If there is a disconnect between Surf, BHop, or any other server & Leadership, then we(eGO) need to step up and bridge the gap. As aforementioned, Promo Rec people you trust to handle the server.

Very clearly we need to do more. You've made a very clear case that a gap exists. I've already chipped in my .02, have another .02:
Rather than a course of action that very well could fracture eGO, a discussion needs held. Get a well-organized position together, and organize a meeting between people you guys want to bring this stuff before the people who need to hear this (CS:LE, CS:SS Leads/Heads, an exec wouldn't hurt). Maybe Member Relations could step in and help facilitate that discussion too, act as a voice if you'd rather use us than your own.
 
I with all thats being said I understand only a few people have access to add maps
90% positive only one person actually PUSHES the updates which is the thing.
there arent many eG+ members on bhop, i can count the ones ive seen in a week on one hand. ( not saying im the most active member but I play when I can )
Brylin, Steven and I are the only ones I see. I hear people talk about Jeremy so I assume he’s there too. Including you that makes only 5 admins and Steven is the only O.
 
90% positive only one person actually PUSHES the updates which is the thing.

Brylin, Steven and I are the only ones I see. I hear people talk about Jeremy so I assume he’s there too. Including you that makes only 5 admins and Steven is the only O.
i work 6 days a week 45+hours and can often only play nights unless its my day off or in this instance right now im sick and working from home, the only people i really see are brylin and lyn from time to time. not to discredit other folks activity as we all have lives jobs partners etc.
 
we practically did everything but got on our knees and begged. I with all thats being said I understand only a few people have access to add maps but its not exactally hard or time consuming if there was the ability to zone on the live server it would eliminate a step that has to be done

there arent many eG+ members on bhop, i can count the ones ive seen in a week on one hand. ( not saying im the most active member but I play when I can )
Again, same for surf.
 
the strategy of "divide and win" doesnt work sometimes and it will only cause more confusion, the only ones that are able to add maps as mention before are CM, and CM is not a role easy to pick, a way to fix the problem for updates and more CS general problems is add another CM, not 7-8 more CM as basically you trying to make, @Larry_Da_Lobster would be a great as new CM or semo but semo not longer manager, so, no.
 
Any possible updates on this? (:

btw this totally isnt a bump comment
 
Any possible updates on this? :)

btw this totally isnt a bump comment
you already have the server specialists, I'm not sure why you need entire divisions for different servers, that just seems a bit unnecessary.
 
I don't know if anyone already said this - but I think server specific leadership could be pretty pog. I don't agree with a complete CS server division.
 
I don't know if anyone already said this - but I think server specific leadership could be pretty pog. I don't agree with a complete CS server division.
Server specific leadership would be quite similar to game specific divisions, however this is a really good idea aswell!! I would be happy to see either or suggestion happen. It would spread the workload allowing each individual server to get more attention :)
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top