CS2 - TTT : Tripwire Kills Lowering Karma

GamingByTheMinute

Gaming
=(eGO)=
Joined
Sep 14, 2021
Messages
931
What is the scope of your bug report?
CS2

Short description of the bug
TTT : Tripwire Kills Lowering Karma

Detailed description of the bug
I'm normally at 100 Karma, but after a round of using them a lot. I lost almost all my karma as seen in the screenshot provided.
I will say, I accidently killed 1 T buddy, but that should decrease my karma by THAT much. I also lost 10 more karma my next T Round after using them.

Attachments
File(s) attached
 

Attachments

  • Counter-strike 2 Screenshot 2025.12.24 - 22.59.09.35.png
    Counter-strike 2 Screenshot 2025.12.24 - 22.59.09.35.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 101
This genuinely might be why my karma is low if this is real...
 
yes karma is lost if a T walks into your own trip mines, same thing with c4 explosion, usually you should be letting your T buddies know about where u placed your Tripmines/C4
 
yes karma is lost if a T walks into your own trip mines, same thing with c4 explosion, usually you should be letting your T buddies know about where u placed your Tripmines/C4
The problem isnt the karma loss when killing a T-Buddy, but how much I’m losing. To jump from 100+ down to below 30 for a single bad kill is the issue.
 
This genuinely might be why my karma is low if this is real...
There’s other things that I think could lower karma that shouldn’t. But I couldn’t think of anything else that would cause such a drop seeing as I only used Tripmines for the round in question.
 
GamingByTheMinute GamingByTheMinute You're only supposed to lose 12 karma when killing a traitor as a traitor. It's possible you killed multiple traitors; without the logs it's hard to say why you lost so much.

Note that killing two traitors as a traitor would result in losing 36 karma; 12 for the first kill, and 24 for the second (12 + 24 = 36), and killing three would result in losing 72 (12 + 24 + 36 = 72). This stacking effect only applies for a single given round.

If you're able to reproduce this being incorrect, I'd recommend appending the evidence here.
 
GamingByTheMinute GamingByTheMinute You're only supposed to lose 12 karma when killing a traitor as a traitor. It's possible you killed multiple traitors; without the logs it's hard to say why you lost so much.

Note that killing two traitors as a traitor would result in losing 36 karma; 12 for the first kill, and 24 for the second (12 + 24 = 36), and killing three would result in losing 72 (12 + 24 + 36 = 72). This stacking effect only applies for a single given round.

If you're able to reproduce this being incorrect, I'd recommend appending the evidence here.
I can see that being possible I suppose. But I do wanna ask (while I do see some reason for it)

Why is the amount of karma lost for a bad kill so high? And why is there a stacking effect for multiple bad kills in a single round?

Back in CSGO it used to be maybe -5 Karma for a T on T kill, which I saw happen a lot cause of Tripwires.
Don’t get me wrong, you should lose karma for killing your T-buddies, but having such high karma loss plus the stacking for multi bad kills seems too punishing. IMO, the karma loss needs to be lowered at least for the stacking to feel somewhat fair.

(And yes, T’s should 100% try warn their teammates about tripwires somehow, or better place/use them, but let’s be honest, they always find a way to walk into them anyways)
 
All of the penalties across the board have been lowered, this should somewhat fix the issue of it stacking perpetually until you get banned.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top