4870 x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joined
Jun 23, 2007
Messages
2,454
Thats right. It's not a dream. It's real. The 4870x2s are OUT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...048 106792627 1067940679&bop=And&Order=RATING

this is going to be INSANE :cool:

-Warning-

Do not look directly at the 4870x2
Use some sort of eye protection

Capture-13.jpg
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
System Requirements:
650 Watt or greater power supply with one 2x3-pin PCIe power connector and one 2x4-pin PCIe power connector is required (1K Watt with two 2x3-pin and two 2x4-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode)
 
the 4870 X2 looks sweet.... but I'm glad I got the 4870 rather then wait for the X2, I can't see myself spending that kind of money on a video card. Besides the only real boost it will give is if I actually played at that high of a resolution... I can't afford a monitor that can do 2000+ x whatever.... when the card actually makes a difference.

Besides the power usage on that thing is crazy.... it's video cards like that that would make me have to turn my PC off at night. Which I'd rather not do at all...
 
I like that it comes with 1 gb of RAM for EACH card. Plus the cost for two individual cards is $20 greater (on newegg) and you don't get as much ram....personally, I'm waiting for the 4850x2 which is at the $399 price point...mmmmm.....
 
I like that it comes with 1 gb of RAM for EACH card. Plus the cost for two individual cards is $20 greater (on newegg) and you don't get as much ram....personally, I'm waiting for the 4850x2 which is at the $399 price point...mmmmm.....

me too... after about a month or 2 it will lower in price (then i will have some cash ^^ and) i will get it hehe ATI FTW! Also ill be able to finally rid of my physics card yay! Once i get one, i will have 2x 3870's for sale and an ageia physics card. All in working condition :P
 
ATI is making a comeback!!! Im starting college next year so i guess im keeping my double slot 8800gts, i wish i was rich...
 
Nice card... can't imagine what they would be like in Crossfire!!!
 
Last edited:
Nice card, too bad the driver support never shows up in time to matter to maximize this kinda card totally.
 
ouch.... 452 watts of power under load!!! 752 if you have two in crossfire!!!

That is insane... factor in $$$ for electricity to run it and AC to cool it... damn!

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3372&p=10

The designers have to think about stuff when they make it.... they either

1) make it smaller
2) make it use less power
3) make it faster
4) make it cheaper

no matter what, one of those will get the big bang. So if they were to spend alot more time on it and make it lower wattage, the cost would skyrocket or the size will be larger or both.
 
Meh.

I'll pass. :O

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_4870x2/
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-4870-x2-review-crossfire/1

4870x2, for whatever reason, is fantastic on CoD4. But in Crysis the cheaper GTX 280 does better. (in the Guru3d review.)

4870 X2 does better in 3Dmark, no surprise considering its huge 2 gigs of memory. Its also better in F.E.A.R and somewhat better in Stalker. (Although, all the cards are over 100fps. in those tests.)

So for me, the $100 difference between the GTX 280 and the 4870 X2 right now is enough for me to get the NVidia. My monitor is only 1280x1024, so all that memory doesn't do much for me. :O
 
Meh.

I'll pass. :O

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_4870x2/
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-4870-x2-review-crossfire/1

4870x2, for whatever reason, is fantastic on CoD4. But in Crysis the cheaper GTX 280 does better. (in the Guru3d review.)

4870 X2 does better in 3Dmark, no surprise considering its huge 2 gigs of memory. Its also better in F.E.A.R and somewhat better in Stalker. (Although, all the cards are over 100fps. in those tests.)

So for me, the $100 difference between the GTX 280 and the 4870 X2 right now is enough for me to get the NVidia. My monitor is only 1280x1024, so all that memory doesn't do much for me. :O

I hope you realize that the benchmark tests used make all the difference in those test case scenarios. If you need a compare, benchmark tests are kinda like the Closer in baseball, over-hyped, never used correctly, and fail when you need them because they are so case specific.
 
Im glad this is out. It gives Nvidia competition again. Before it was wooo another card that overheats YAY!!!, but know they might get there act together.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top