Check this Out: 1.5 TB HDD's and 1 TB HDD's

blizbiggy

Forum Fiend
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
639
Recently at work, my one co-worker told me about the 1.5TB hard drives now on Newegg for a reasonably cheap price.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (bare drive) - OEM

Price: $189.99


While checking out this cool 1.5TB, I decided to go back and look at the 1 TB HDD's and I noticed that they are now down in price, about $140ish

So if you think about it price per Gig:

189.99/1500= $0.12666 per Gig in the 1.5 TB HDD

and the 1 TB

140/1000= $0.14 per Gig


The ultimate downfall, the 1.5tb is limit 1 per customer atm.
 
That is really awesome. The high school I recently graduated from had a server that everything ran off of, and it was 2 TB in size. Lol.
 
Yea, the 1.5TB drives are rather new. No idea how they perform though, but I guess it doesn't matter...mostly going to be used for storage I assume.

Western Digital 640GB AAKS ftw.

~Gooda~
 
I need to get a new hard drive. I still have my old IDE 250 Gig one. I got like 20 gigs left. I plan on getting a terabyte later this year. Then use the old one for random storage and junk.
Thanks for these links.
 
I need to get a new hard drive. I still have my old IDE 250 Gig one. I got like 20 gigs left. I plan on getting a terabyte later this year. Then use the old one for random storage and junk.
Thanks for these links.

Be sure your motherboard has SATA ports.

~Gooda~
 
Wowzers...we're on 1.5TB of storage in a single drive already? :eek: Kinda puts my 80GB to shame, doesnt it? !chair
 
Wowzers...we're on 1.5TB of storage in a single drive already? :eek: Kinda puts my 80GB to shame, doesnt it? !chair

lol i remember paying about 80 bucks for an 80gb (1 dollar per gig) and now we got these 1.5 TB drives that are only 13 cents per gig! Technology has gone a long way in the past, well, ever since it started!
 
speaking of massive storage amts, have you seen the recertified 1 tb drives on newegg? they're 109 and have pretty good reviews...
 
Recently at work, my one co-worker told me about the 1.5TB hard drives now on Newegg for a reasonably cheap price.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (bare drive) - OEM

Price: $189.99


While checking out this cool 1.5TB, I decided to go back and look at the 1 TB HDD's and I noticed that they are now down in price, about $140ish

So if you think about it price per Gig:

189.99/1500= $0.12666 per Gig in the 1.5 TB HDD

and the 1 TB

140/1000= $0.14 per Gig


The ultimate downfall, the 1.5tb is limit 1 per customer atm.

that's like 0.09?/gb ?!? wow man that's very cheap !!!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top