How much would you pay

AWPerator

Thread Thumper
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
1,027
To just see a computer with a QX9775 processor and 2 Crossfire'd 4870X2 with 8GB of DDR3 2133 RAM just beat Crysis into submission. !chair

:eek::eek::eek:


 
Crysis original, or Crysis warhead?

First off, the QX9775 is a 771 socket, and requires a motherboard (Skulltrail) that uses the 771 socket (and use two QX9775s to work), which also requires FB-DIMM RAM modules that aren't out yet for DDR3, let alone at those frequencies.

So I would pay $0 to see an imaginary system.

~Gooda~
 
Why pay. I'd have them pay me to give my input - then just nod my head in acceptance of the achievement.

Man, I got enough seeing computers (work).

Seriously - after getting your ear chewed off for 45 minutes over a busted network driver on a critical system - it don't matter how good the PC is. I don't want to look at em for fun. ;)
 
Crysis original, or Crysis warhead?

First off, the QX9775 is a 771 socket, and requires a motherboard (Skulltrail) that uses the 771 socket (and use two QX9775s to work), which also requires FB-DIMM RAM modules that aren't out yet for DDR3, let alone at those frequencies.

So I would pay $0 to see an imaginary system.

~Gooda~

Way to spoil the fun :(

By the way, I made a dream computer on newegg for fun (around $25,000) and I made pretty much the same way he described:

Skulltrail board
2 4870x2s
2000w ePOWER PSU
2 QX9775 Extremes
16GBs of FB-DIMM ram DDR2 667 (The skulltrail board supports FB-DIMM DDR2 800/667 only so no DDR3 for that mother.)
couple of VelociRaptors and such.

If my dream machine was actually built by someone I would pay some money to see it :)
 
Last edited:
Way to spoil the fun :(

By the way, I made a dream computer on newegg for fun (around $25,000) and I made pretty much the same way he described:

Skulltrail board
2 4870x2s
2000w ePOWER PSU
2 QX9775 Extremes
16GBs of FB-DIMM ram DDR2 667 (The skulltrail board supports FB-DIMM DDR2 800/667 only so no DDR3 for that mother.)
couple of VelociRaptors and such.

If my dream machine was actually built by someone I would pay some money to see it :)

Just wait till you see my new build...

~Gooda~
 
Its called speculation Haveagooda :)

I can't wait until something like that becomes possible.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top