my fps

Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
81
Can anyone give me some tips on how to get a better FPS on servers, please? :)

specs:

intel core 2 CPU
intel G965 express chip set family <- crap, I know.. :(
172 gb of memory left.


any help?
 
Last edited:
Yeah... go to your start > run > dxdiag and let us know the processor and graphics card you have running. That will definately help.
 
Your graphics card and memory are the main problem right now. Trying to play anything more intensive thank FLASH games on integrated graphics is a chore. The best upgrade you can do for your money, as far as gaming is concerned, would be to purchase a dedicated graphics card. Even a fairly cheap card would be a lot better than running on the integrated chip.

I'm also guessing that you have 179 MEGs of RAM left, not gigs. If this is the case then upgrading your RAM would probably help as well. Instead of telling us what you have left, could you tell us your total RAM? You can get this by right-click on "My Computer" and choosing "Properties." Your CPU and RAM information will be on the bottom of the page that displays.
 
Your graphics card and memory are the main problem right now. Trying to play anything more intensive thank FLASH games on integrated graphics is a chore. The best upgrade you can do for your money, as far as gaming is concerned, would be to purchase a dedicated graphics card. Even a fairly cheap card would be a lot better than running on the integrated chip.

I'm also guessing that you have 179 MEGs of RAM left, not gigs. If this is the case then upgrading your RAM would probably help as well. Instead of telling us what you have left, could you tell us your total RAM? You can get this by right-click on "My Computer" and choosing "Properties." Your CPU and RAM information will be on the bottom of the page that displays.

1.97 GB of ram
and yeah I definitely need a new video card.
 
Last edited:
In the mean time...drop all the settings, 'Shader, Texture, Water etc' to low. Then type in the console:
"mat_dxlevel 80" or "mat_dxlevel 81"

Dont add the dxlevel line in the launch option, otherwise it'll reset your graphic settings. :)
 
In the mean time...drop all the settings, 'Shader, Texture, Water etc' to low. Then type in the console:
"mat_dxlevel 80" or "mat_dxlevel 81"

Dont add the dxlevel line in the launch option, otherwise it'll reset your graphic settings. :)

oh.. I didn't know that.. :)
thanks
 
Yep, get a graphics card asap. You could even try mat_dxlevel 70, but I'm not sure if it'll make much of a difference.
 
Yep, get a graphics card asap. You could even try mat_dxlevel 70, but I'm not sure if it'll make much of a difference.

That is my new graphic card ._., I think its the machine, cause Counter-strike doesn't jump down to 1 - 8 that much after I upgraded from 6150 SE plus to a 8400GS, but it does it, whenever I shoot my gun or get flash banged, I think it can run up to 150+ fps.
 
It could be a bad install of the drivers for the video card. I was absolutely dumfounded that my Radeon 4850 would barely play TF2 until I figured out that my drivers weren't installed right.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top