BSOD Problem

MrBubbles

Poster
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
171
Now I am sure almost all of the people that have been Blue-Screened can relate to the frustration I have. Some times it is very seldom that I will acquire such a curse other times it is very apparent, mine happens to say:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal


Any advice?

p.s. I have already tried updating my drivers.
 
the blue screen of death is truly evil. there is really only one way to fix it that is to format. BSOD is most likely caused massive reg errors bad driver conflicts or system files are corrupted you need to get some type of program that fixes reg and system errors i use tuneup"not free" and advancer windows-care personal 2.9"its free" these are simple programs used to maintain your pc...
 
Bsod

there is really only one way to fix it that is to format.
Not true. I used to get BSOD with my ATI 4850 until I disabled VPU recover. There have been 4 Catalyst updates since then and maybe they've fixed it, but I leave it off. Ain't broke, don't go fixing it.
 
it would be a good and bad idea >__< then you gotta reinstall everything that you need/want
 
Bsod

i would just reinstall windows

Just reinstalling windows over itself is probably worse than actually reformatting. I did it once, and it left such a mess that I ended up reformatting anyway. The programs were still installed, but the start menu got over written, so none of them were in the start menu. I had to reinstall/recreate shortcuts for my programs, and I'm sure it made a mess of the registry. Forget it.

Reformatting usually fixes a BSOD, but in my case, it wouldn't have (the 4850 thing.) It's usually best to try to fix the problem some other way, unless you aren't smart enough or don't have a geeky friend to help. For example, I used nCleaner and did the "Suggested" profile under Tweaks. This turned on "Disk Optimizer on Boot," which greatly increased boot up time. I was wondering what in the world was going on, and was getting close to reformatting until I finally figured it out. Saved me a lot of trouble (reformatting/reinstalling everything.) I make an image of my C partition once in a while, so I probably won't actually need to reformat - I'd just use the image that I made.
 
Bsod

I'm assuming you already googled your error? I came up with this site.

Anyway, if you're not sure what you're doing, stay in touch so you don't get ripped off.
 
Not true. I used to get BSOD with my ATI 4850 until I disabled VPU recover. There have been 4 Catalyst updates since then and maybe they've fixed it, but I leave it off. Ain't broke, don't go fixing it.
well if your getting corrupt reg files or windows files there is really no way to fix massive corruption.
 
For windows files, there's sfc, to be run from the command prompt (Start > Run > cmd [enter] sfc [enter].)

For the registry, yeah, good luck. Hope you have backups.
 
For windows files, there's sfc, to be run from the command prompt (Start > Run > cmd [enter] sfc [enter].)

For the registry, yeah, good luck. Hope you have backups.
Evin if he has backups i bet his backup are corrupted to lol
 
lol i just got the blue screen of death, but it was L4D's fault :( thought that game would be good
 
Now I am sure almost all of the people that have been Blue-Screened can relate to the frustration I have. Some times it is very seldom that I will acquire such a curse other times it is very apparent, mine happens to say:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal


Any advice?

p.s. I have already tried updating my drivers.

Looks like you have a driver conflict issue. Have you updated any old drivers or installed any new drivers recently?
 
first of all reinstalling windows without reformatting is some bad mammer-jammer! DONT! secondly i had some BSODs in my time. (some were like yours). when vista installed SP1 the problems went away (mine were related to the wireless card being "incompatible" with vista. antivirus gave BSODs on install. manually checked update untill SP1 was "found". updated. no more BSODs.)

i beg u dont reinstall vista. problems WILL remain. even with a new install. the harware's the same right?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top