Cool Gaming Laptop With 3 Gpus

paulabn101

I made one post
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
24
I have just got to know that Toshiba launches laptop with three GPUs:

Laptop With Three GPUs

The combined efforts of both companies resulted in Toshiba's most powerful gaming laptop to date featuring the new highly integrated GeForce? 9400M graphics processing unit (GPU) along with a pair of NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS enthusiast-class GPUs.
That laptop must be very cool for gaming. But how can they deal with the heat?
 
at no one point will all 3 GPUs be going at one time tho... and I bet it will be loud when those 9800's get down n dirty... they are finally bringing the desktop tech to the laptop tho.. which is a great idea.. if you got the $$$
 
lol man, i hate it when i have laptops that are actually better than my home machine.... what technology has come to these days
 
I will never game on a laptop because when I need to upgrade my graphics card I can't just pop the side of the case and 15 minutes later be done. When everything can become as modular and easy to work on then I will start gaming on a laptop.
 
lol yeah, thats another downfall to having more items in your laptop at a time. If i were to have a laptop, it would be a super portable item, and i would use it for nothing more than a internet machine, or for homework
 
lol yeah, thats another downfall to having more items in your laptop at a time. If i were to have a laptop, it would be a super portable item, and i would use it for nothing more than a internet machine, or for homework

Which is why I have a eeePC. :)
 
lol thats the exact type i think i would get, except i would get the linux version, not the windows version
 
I have just got to know that Toshiba launches laptop with three GPUs:

Laptop With Three GPUs

The combined efforts of both companies resulted in Toshiba's most powerful gaming laptop to date featuring the new highly integrated GeForce? 9400M graphics processing unit (GPU) along with a pair of NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS enthusiast-class GPUs.
That laptop must be very cool for gaming. But how can they deal with the heat?

The chassis they use for their upper line laptops is massive...absolutely one huge laptop. Portable? Barely. It's really more of a desktop replacement.
 
There is very little point in getting a "gaming" laptop. It's a bit of an oxymoron if you think about it...
And Gooda is absolutely right (he always is :D). You would have horrendous battery life.

Oh, and everyone who saw that, after they got over the awe, would think you were spoiled/a tool for having it.
 
haha make a full breakfast some bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes heck keep everything warm with the monitor if you can eat right away. :P
 
the heat is transferred through your legs, brings sacrificing for performance to a new level
 
at no one point will all 3 GPUs be going at one time tho... and I bet it will be loud when those 9800's get down n dirty... they are finally bringing the desktop tech to the laptop tho.. which is a great idea.. if you got the $$$

those 2 9800's are for gaming , the 9600 is for 'silent mode' it then disables the 9800's, aka Hybrid SLi
 

Latest posts

Back
Top