Case assistance

Blue Stealth

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
6,201
Okay guys thanks for reading my post,

http://www.abs.com/app/canyon695_details.asp
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/microsite4/x2000.html

I am looking currently at the Abs Canyon 695 case for my next gaming machine. However it is a rebranded case off of Lian Li's TYR PC X2000 case. I was wondering if any of you guys knew of any differences between the two cases because the abs version is 600$ and the lian li version is 750$.

Now to me that seems like a pretty steep price change for just a difference in brandname but im dont know. Also if any of you have this case please help me out and tell how its worked for you or tell me any tips you have for setup and installation.

Thanks
-Blue
 
why are you spending over $150 on a gaming case

please tell me



because if you really were an enthusiast and a hardcore gamer, you would not be asking anyone that question.



May I suggest the AWESOME Antec Nine Hundred: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021


(more thoughts..... do you realize that you could put all the rest of your money towards the most awesome components? i mean, getting that case... it's just a case...with nothing in it....seriously, why spend that much? get a really good $100-$125 case, throw away the psu that came with it, and get a very nice silverstone or corsair psu.)
 
Last edited:
why are you spending over $150 on a gaming case

please tell me



because if you really were an enthusiast and a hardcore gamer, you would not be asking anyone that question.



May I suggest the AWESOME Antec Nine Hundred: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021


(more thoughts..... do you realize that you could put all the rest of your money towards the most awesome components? i mean, getting that case... it's just a case...with nothing in it....seriously, why spend that much? get a really good $100-$125 case, throw away the psu that came with it, and get a very nice silverstone or corsair psu.)

Ok, the antec 900 i have seen and I think it is too small, i think its a little plain and it does not stay cool enough for overclocking because with dual 4870 X2's and a large cpu cooler there is no room for airflow. I dont use liquid cooling its all about air cooling for me.

On a side note I already have crazy good components so no worries there.

and for power supply I will be getting an abs/tagan 900w fully modular psu from newegg. I know corsair makes good psu's but they dont get as modular as the tagan.

Thanks for the input.
 
Ok, the antec 900 i have seen and I think it is too small, i think its a little plain and it does not stay cool enough for overclocking because with dual 4870 X2's and a large cpu cooler there is no room for airflow. I dont use liquid cooling its all about air cooling for me.

On a side note I already have crazy good components so no worries there.

and for power supply I will be getting an abs/tagan 900w fully modular psu from newegg. I know corsair makes good psu's but they dont get as modular as the tagan.

Thanks for the input.

with that kind of mony you can buy a super LC system that make almost NO NOISE... Maybe think twice.
 
here's a decent review on the PC-X2000


and here are some customer reviews of the Canyon 695

one more review of the 695

over all i'm not sure these cases are worth that amount of money. i have no problem spending a decent amount on a case that is worth while...but i don't know about $600 or more for one of those.

if you're looking for a beefy case, maybe check out the Cooler Master HAF or the Cosmos.

I dont plan to buy this case until May anyway and I have a 100 dollar gift card for newegg so the price wont be as bad then.
 
Okay thank you for clearing things up :D I thought you had gone off the deep end!

For a bigger case, and I assume you want a full tower, I would suggest the Cooler Master Cosmos, no wonder it's the highest rated on Newegg! It's amazingggg. I have seen one in poerson and it looks pretty fearful.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119138

Yes the three I looked at were the cooler master cosmos S, the thermaltake spedo advanced package, and the lian li pc X2000. But like i said i expect the price to drop significantly between now and when i decide to buy it near may.
 
•Jv•;611474 said:
with that kind of mony you can buy a super LC system that make almost NO NOISE... Maybe think twice.

yeah I have looked into LC briefly. Frankly, in school and all I dont have the time to research it, that I will do this summer. Also, with my family working overseas I end up lugging my computers between school and home a couple times a year, and im not comfortable yet with moving the computers when they have the liquid cooling inside. I dont want to ruin anything and like i said I havnt done my research yet. Besides, noctua fans are plenty quiet. Most people dont understand that the best way to air cool a system is to have lots of fans, but at low rpm. Thermaltake and cooler master have both noticed this. if you keep lots of fans at low rpm, it stays quiet but still moves plenty of air.

also, most people do not think that liquid cooling systems make much noise, but the pumps are somewhat loud and the radiators all have fans which are usually loud and poorly calibrated unless you buy a high quality system like koolance.

thanks you guys for replying

-Blue
 
Last edited:
If you are moving your system I would suggest a mid tower. Those full tower $600 cases will never go down in price my friend.
 
Honestly, If you need something big, just go with a coolermaster Stacker (830 or 850), they are HUGE and have handles which make moving them way easier. both of the cases that you picked are really tall, and will be problematic to move/ship.

I could help you through watercooling if you decided to go that way. It isn't really that bad to move as long as you empty out the coolant.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top