Internets not working.

AWPerator

Thread Thumper
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
1,027
I am anything but a networking expert, and I'm having some problems with my internet.

I have 2 computers, both wired to my router. On this one, the internet works fine, but the other one does not work.

On the problem computer, I can see that it has made the connection upon turning it on, but after the bios loads up, the connection cuts off by itself.

I tried to switch around ports, bought a new cable, and I know it's not a firewall because I have the same firewalls on both computers.

Help?
 
did you try pluging it in the same spot your working pc is on?
like removing the working cable and pluging the other pc cable in that spot.
 
Last edited:
Sounds like you have DHCP issues. Check the 2nd computer to see if it has an IP from the DHCP of your router. Most routers now days are equip'd with a firewall by the way. Make sure your DHCP is allowing at least 2 connections. Make sure the NIC is enabled in the BIOS. If you have a card and onboard NICs disable the one you do not use or switch them to test to see if one is bad.

start>run
cmd>enter

ipconfig /all

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ping 127.0.0.1
if the following works your NIC works

tracert www.google.com
if this works your computer can get to the internet
 

Latest posts

Back
Top