HDD Lie?

WitchPuncher

Active Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
364
Hey guys ok when i first got my HDD It said 500gbs in windows vista so i formated over to xp pro and now it says 126gig is max but i installed windows xp on my 72gig hdd ? my main drive is post to be 500gig's for back up and games, media,etc please help?
 
Hmm, it seems like you have left over files? What I would do, I move the other files to an external HDD and completely erase the 500gb HDD. IMO. Idk, anyone else?
 
Hmm, it seems like you have left over files? What I would do, I move the other files to an external HDD and completely erase the 500gb HDD. IMO. Idk, anyone else?

formated it thou. MMM What to do omg! i shall check in bios soon and xp installtion problem solved....

------end of thread-----
 
Last edited:
I'm guessing your XP box and Vista box are different computers.

It looks like you can solve the problem by flashing your XP box's BIOS with the latest firmware version.
 
I'm guessing your XP box and Vista box are different computers.

It looks like you can solve the problem by flashing your XP box's BIOS with the latest firmware version.

mm i figuired it out i had no SP no SP= only max can support is 126gigs but how to format so i can install stuff ! lol
 
Solved had no service pack on my xp disc at all and when windows xp came out it did not support any higher drive then 126gig's
 

Latest posts

Back
Top