Which phrase do you like better?

Which phrase do you like better?

  • Dropping the Ban Hammer

    Points: 640 43.1%
  • Punk Free Gaming

    Points: 649 43.7%
  • The Ban Fest

    Points: 51 3.4%
  • eGO Ban-o-rama

    Points: 146 9.8%

  • Total voters
    1,486
Definitely "punk free gaming." That's the phrase that drew me to this organization. Use of the others would make us appear overzealous and that banning is all we're about vs just having fun and keeping it clean for folks in the process. I wouldn't have been drawn to this clan had one of the other phrases been in place.
 
Punk Free Gaming.

Any phrase with ban in it sends the wrong message to the pubbers and to our admins. We do not want people thinking that our first reaction to any percieved paccadillo is a ban.
Banning should be the last resort and it should only be done with regret. Never with glee.

Yes there are some infractions for which we will ban without hesitation. Still, servers with ban happy admins is not the image that will promote our servers or our ideals. Like it says in all of the admin schools. "Do not over admin!"
 
Punk Free Gaming. It represents eGO not just here in the US but since we are 24/7, around the world.
 
Unless it's coming out of tiddy's mouth (or next to his name) then it's just not funny. Sorry JohnT.

The ban hammer has fallen.
 
Much as I loathe to agree with Carmine, B-man, and BHS, I voted for Punk Free Gaming. I like what it says about eGO. Back in the TFC days I saw a couple of popular servers turn into ghost towns because the admins got ban-happy and power-mad. Not pretty. Any slogan that even suggests rampant banning might send the wrong message to some up-and-coming eG's. I want my O so I can do more to keep the servers punk-free, but I also want to earn that O when I am ready. I'd hate to see me, or anyone, want that O because it provides power.
 
Droping the ban hammer reminds me of the song Its hammer time. The ban fest sounds like we look for a reason to ban people. Ban-o-rama reminds me of a VERY BAD SONG. Go with Punk Free Gaming so we don't sound like a joke,
 
Dropping the banhammer would fall into the way eGO is made fun of by haters...."a bunch of banhappy 12 year olds". Meanwhile the people we actually drop the banhammer on are punks and removing them makes our servers punk free. I love dropping the hammer on punks, but I think the end result sounds better ie: punk free gaming.
 
I'd go with punk free gaming because in my opinion, the other slogans contains the word "ban" which feels like it makes Ego an agressive "ban happy" community.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top