nVidia SLI Multi-Monitor Support!

Sn1PeR

Forum Fiend
=(e)=
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
727
nVidia's new firmware - released Jan. 22 allows for multi-monitor use with SLI enabled! This is freaking amazing for me, as I typically disable SLI for events in order to see who's talking in vent, irc, etc.

Thought you all would want to know.
 
YAY :D even though i dont have a Nvidia card, or 2 of them for that matter, it may help down the road
 
I've been using this for a good while now and I <3 it. My old ATI 3870s could do dual-monitor Crossfire, but my 8800GTS couldn't, when I bought them. But, for some odd reason, TF2 runs faster for me without SLI. :(
 
I was thinking about hooking up another monitor but then if you go near the edge of the screen in game doesn't it put you in the other screen?
 
I've been using this for a good while now and I <3 it. My old ATI 3870s could do dual-monitor Crossfire, but my 8800GTS couldn't, when I bought them. But, for some odd reason, TF2 runs faster for me without SLI. :(

Have you tried using nHancer? It's a program that has profiles for each game to control various SLI options. Check it out here: http://www.nhancer.com/

I was thinking about hooking up another monitor but then if you go near the edge of the screen in game doesn't it put you in the other screen?

Nope, you really can't move off the screen so long as you are playing in full screen mode, as pulling your mouse far to one side simply spins you around.
 
I was thinking about hooking up another monitor but then if you go near the edge of the screen in game doesn't it put you in the other screen?

It doesn't happen full-screen, and rarely happens when I play on noborder windowed.

I have a 1800dpi mouse and crank windows sensitivity to the max, and if you move the mouse super fast, sometimes it will leave the TF2 screen.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top