Stop the lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippy258

EGO Addict
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
1,228
One of my really good friends, GulfXray, is having EXTREME lag problems. Any tips to help? His ping averages 21, so it doesnt make any sense.
 
It could maybe be video card stress maybe but also lower your rates these are what I use cl_updaterate 101, cl_cmdrate 101, and rate 30000 type each one of those into console and it should help
 
It could maybe be video card stress maybe but also lower your rates these are what I use cl_updaterate 101, cl_cmdrate 101, and rate 30000 type each one of those into console and it should help

Thanks HunterKrum..... I'll give that a try...


At the moment my video is coming via my mobo, so if want to play DoD, I think I am going to have to get a video card. Plus, it'll help stimulate the economy...:)
 
either type into your console or in the cfg-file in C:programs/steam/steamapps/(your account name)/day of defeat source/dod/cfg the file is called config.cfg
 
idk. man! but i know how much it pisses you off! when you get sniped because of lag!! or when in my case miss a shot becasue of lag!!!! arrrrrgggg < <<<( that is my anger, right there)
 
what kind of computer is it and do you know what the specs on the onboard video card are? I run an nvidia 5500 and it works just fine except during smoke, that's a pretty cheap little guy. Waffleman runs a 9500 and even that one isn't too bad. On charlie he can see from the beach clear up to the center and vice versa, it works VERY well. I think it's only like 100 bucks maybe 120 but my suggestion to you would be if you're working on a factory system go and get a barebones kit from somewhere like tigerdirect, it'll cost you anywhere from 130-300 for a good system but they are GOOD and you won't have to upgrade for a long time.
 
1 his video card just ain't up to par anymore.

2 the servers have been lagging recently, getting lerp in the yellow was happening to me a lot last night.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top