eGO ads in public bathrooms??

Baloney

Poster
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
147
Let me start off by saying this is extremely odd.

So a couple of hours ago, I went to an arcade/cafe with a bunch of my friends. A while later, I had to go to the bathroom. So, I went into a stall, and guess what I saw on the back of the stall door thing. This is what it said, "Play CS? Join eGO at www.edgegamers.org"

Believe it or not, that's what it said. I couldn't take a picture 'cause I didn't have my phone with me. Any comments? EDIT : It has been brought to my attention that some people might find this as promoting vandalism. I am in no way trying to promote vandalism. I just thought it might be fun to share this with the eGO community.
 
Last edited:
It's like those college newsletters taped to the stall doors! Great recruiting idea, everyone should do this.
 
I'm sure you're not promoting vandalism, correct? I mean, I'm sure it might get a few people. But the fact that the group would be viewed as being involved in vandalism is not the best image that we'd want anyway. People who play video games generally have a bad reputation, as viewed by people who don't play, anyway. Why make it worse?
Yes, I understand that this is a small and albeit entertaining event, but in the big picture would you really want that sort of reputation for this group?
 
I'm sure you're not promoting vandalism, correct? I mean, I'm sure it might get a few people. But the fact that the group would be viewed as being involved in vandalism is not the best image that we'd want anyway. People who play video games generally have a bad reputation, as viewed by people who don't play, anyway. Why make it worse?
Yes, I understand that this is a small and albeit entertaining event, but in the big picture would you really want that sort of reputation for this group?

Something like scratching it onto the stall would be considered vandalism, and just to make sure, was the question directed to me or to someone else? If it was to me, I was stating about the newsletters some colleges do, where they tape a paper with info on events on campus, etc etc on it, and how that would be a funny way of recruiting random gamers by printing basically flyers. I wasn't intending to promote vandalism.
 
Ha ha, I was asking rhetorically. I'm sorry, I forgot to include something like /sarcasm to convey my less than seriousness. Though I was serious about the reputation part. One of the few things I value is upholding the reputation and honor of any organization in which I'm involved.
The flier idea seems like a solid advertising possibility, but you'd have to find the particular campus' policy on fliering. Some campuses require that you get an official stamp of approval put on the fliers before you can put them up.
 
It's cool, you don't have to apologize for me being slow:p

But if the campus was fine with it, man it would be great, I already know quite a few friends who play PC a lot up in college who also have friends who play, plus there are all those adorable little LAN cafes located around those areas too, and everybody uses the restroom,*wink* just post up some snazzy colors and font onto a paper about a mature gaming community and WAM we catch them while they are awestruck lol.
 
As funny as it is, if you plan to do any advertising whatsoever, you need to run it by the higher-ups first. They need to approve of it.

:D

P.S. And yes, I realize this was hung there by someone else. I'm just saying if you're thinking about doing it as well
 
ahahaha, that was funny=p eGO is slowly taking over the world!! one stall at a time ;p ;p haha, interesting way to advertise, yet we could use it to our advantage, putting up fliers at campuses and cybercafes could be a solid idea!
 
Interesting and funny.

However, vandalism is not something eGO promotes. So if you are thinking about doing it, don't. ;)
 
Interesting and funny.

However, vandalism is not something eGO promotes. So if you are thinking about doing it, don't. ;)

Yeah, Not a good idea, It actually makes our clan look as trashy as the bathroom you write it in....

I wonder if the guy who wrote that is in our clan... if so he needs to post here!
 
I wonder if the guy who wrote that is in our clan... if so he needs to post here!

i don't assume people outside eGO would be so spontaneous in advertising our clan=p good luck finding out who he is though, don't think they'd fess up really easy!
 
Lol.. but that Ego could mean something else..I googled Ego and first thing came up was Ego restaurants lol.. and the other one was Feed your Ego.. =|
 
Yeah....


It's my goal to carry a sharpie with me and write on every public restroom stale and bar restroom wall I come across.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top