4850 selection.

Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
120
Ok guys, Ive got my tax return and have decided on picking up an ATI 4850.
I'm just curious about brands and reliability and such. Ive only ever had Nvidia cards, so the only company I'm familiar with is XFX (got an 8600gt of theirs now).

So what brand does everybody prefer?
 
Sapphire is the 'Preferred' ATI Vendor, not sure exactly what you call them; I guess they're the first tier distributor of ATI graphics cards.

XFX is really really new to the ATI scene; they're a long-time maker of Nvidia cards that recently started making ATI stuff, too. Their big draw is the lifetime warranty on all of their cards.
 
MSI if you can get the quad heatpipe it is beastly i have 9800GT quad heatpipe my card never gets high then 45C
 
get a xfx 4850 then! they just started in the ati scene.
Im leaning that way. The double lifetime warranty is nice, and it is on rebate at newegg. (Altough i'd have to pay Tennessee's 9.75% sales tax there!). More importantly, the card reminds me of darth vader...

Be sure to get the 1-GB model and not the 512.

I was wondering about that. You think the 1gb is that much of a difference?
 
I was wondering about that. You think the 1gb is that much of a difference?

The video card memory is important when gaming at higher resolutions; since most monitors today ARE considered higher resolutions, yes you should get the 1gb if you can
 
Back
Top